Community Message Boards

Thread: How do I clean my Le Creuset?

How do I clean my Le Creuset?

My older LC dutch oven is stained on the inside. Does anyone have a good solution for this? I have tried soaking it in water and baking soda, and also in a bleach water solution. Neither of these fixed it.

I don't have an answer for you, but I hope someone does since I was JUST wondering this very thing!!
    "In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport."
    --Julia Child

1. Go back to the baking soda idea and use it as a paste and scrub the insides. 2. I've never tried this, but would hydrogen peroxide would work on it?
    3. I admit that I've used Bon Ami on the inside of my LC ...
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

So, I look over at the Good Food board, and what do you know but there is a LC/enameled cookware thread up right now, LOL! It had a link to the website, and on their product care page I found this:
    "For stubborn stains, soak interior of vessel 2 - 3 hours with a solution of bleach consisting of one teaspoon of bleach per pint of water." Did you soak it that long, goofygirl?

Here is the link to the website:

http://www.lecreuset.com/usa/products/care.php
    "In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport."
    --Julia Child

Thanks Honeygirl1971,
    I soaked it overnight. It may be that my solution was too diluted, but I don't think it was. I may give the baking soda paste a try and if that doesn't work, I'll try the bleach again. I know that LC sells some sort of cleanser specifically for this problem, but I don't want to go out just to get this one thing. There must be some other way. I thought about using Bon Ami, but I'm afraid I'll scratch the enamel, making my staining problem worse.

My pot is over 30 years old and I consider the stain a sign of a well-loved and well-used pan. I wouldn't worry about it or about using Bon Ami since you can use metal in the pot.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

I wonder if a Magic Clean Eraser would work? I got some nasty cooked on stuff off of my stovetop with one, after trying everything else I knew to try.
    Jennifer

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
    --Abraham Lincoln

Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year.
    --Emerson

Try Barkeeper's Friend. It's on grocery shelves near other speciality cleaners like silver polish. It's a white powdery substance like Ajax, but extremely mild. It should do the trick--at least it works on mine.

I have some cleaner that I bought when I bought my Le Creuset french oven. I've not stained it much yet, so I haven't used it. I have no idea if it works, or what it contains. Not much help, just to let you know there are cleaners made for Le Creuset if you want to buy them.
    Margaret