Community Message Boards

Thread: Sub for Tube/ Bundt pan?

Sub for Tube/ Bundt pan?

This week I want to bake a brunch-like cake that calls to be baked in a 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. I have neither, assuming they are not the same thing. This is just for us, so I'm not that worried about presentation. Would a couple of loaf pans make the best substitute? I also have small round cake pans (8 x 2?) and the long rectangular 9 x 13 pans (both metal and Pyrex).

TIA

The 9 by 13 pans would probably be your best substitutes. Remember if you use the pyrex pan to lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by potato_moose View Post
    I also have small round cake pans (8 x 2?) and the long rectangular 9 x 13 pans (both metal and Pyrex).

TIA
    Either the 2 round and the qrtr sheet pan(9x13) will do though you will have to adjust baking time but I wouldn't worry about the temp if using pyrex since most cakes are baked at 350F and I've never adjusted for temp.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Ok, thanks. Just out of curiosity though, why not the loaf pans? I thought a loaf shape would be more consistent with a Bundt pan than the shallower pans?

Quote Originally Posted by potato_moose View Post
    Ok, thanks. Just out of curiosity though, why not the loaf pans? I thought a loaf shape would be more consistent with a Bundt pan than the shallower pans?

The loaf pans would probably work just fine but you didn't mention the size of the loaf pans.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!