Community Message Boards
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Weird health question--dent in skull?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    3,880

    Weird health question--dent in skull?

    A few months ago, I noticed that I have developed a dent in my skull just below the hairline above my right eye. It doesn't hurt, it isn't tender, and it wasn't there last year. When I had a facial today, my aesthetician asked me about it before he even touched my face--it's that noticeable. It's probably as wide as my finger and about 3/4" long. I didn't even think to ask the doctor about it when I had my physical.

    I've Googled it, and all I can find is lots of people with the same thing and no answers. Have any of you heard of this or have any idea if it's something to warrant a call to the doctor? I passed my physical with flying colors. I also haven't hit my head or anything.
    Okay...it's time to pull up your big-girl panties and get on with it. (Seen on a bathroom wall.)

    Visit my blogs: Cooking the Books

    For recipes only, visit the companion blog: Cooked Up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,937
    It is likely tissue rather than a dent in your skull. I have something similar that was caused by tissue.

  3. #3

    weird

    hey just wanted to let you know i have the same thing wrong with my head its like an ident in a whole line if you find out what it is plz email me at daryle 11@hotmail.com im so desperate to find any answer to this im only 24!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Love View Post
    A few months ago, I noticed that I have developed a dent in my skull just below the hairline above my right eye. It doesn't hurt, it isn't tender, and it wasn't there last year. When I had a facial today, my aesthetician asked me about it before he even touched my face--it's that noticeable. It's probably as wide as my finger and about 3/4" long. I didn't even think to ask the doctor about it when I had my physical.

    I've Googled it, and all I can find is lots of people with the same thing and no answers. Have any of you heard of this or have any idea if it's something to warrant a call to the doctor? I passed my physical with flying colors. I also haven't hit my head or anything.
    I did a quick Google check and there seems to be a common name for it called lipoatrophy. Basically the fat under the skin is going away. What I read, briefly and quickly is it's not life threatening and is associated with aging. There was also references to it being caused by HIV, but you know that's not the issue so it may just be a normal thing for you. Now, I'm no doctor, so this could be a bunch of hooey. As we always say around here, call your Dr.

    Or were you just wearing a hat that day that was pressing on your forehead a bit?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Near my friends.
    Posts
    8,869
    weird

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    hey just wanted to let you know i have the same thing wrong with my head its like an ident in a whole line if you find out what it is plz email me at daryle 11@hotmail.com im so desperate to find any answer to this im only 24!
    well, curious minds want to know......DID YOU?
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
    I did a quick Google check and there seems to be a common name for it called lipoatrophy. Basically the fat under the skin is going away. What I read, briefly and quickly is it's not life threatening and is associated with aging. There was also references to it being caused by HIV, but you know that's not the issue so it may just be a normal thing for you. Now, I'm no doctor, so this could be a bunch of hooey. As we always say around here, call your Dr.

    Or were you just wearing a hat that day that was pressing on your forehead a bit?

    Okay--I just want to upload your Google search skills, because I spent several hours before I posted that and couldn't come up with anything--except a long list of people who have it and don't know what it is.

    Nope--no hat. Don't wear them. And, the dent has been there for months. And...it's getting more noticeable, which I'm not happy about at all. Guess I'll have to star wearing bangs. I'm wondering, though, if my body just MUST melt away a pile of fat, couldn't it do it on my butt???

    Thanks for the info, Hammster. You are the Google master.
    Okay...it's time to pull up your big-girl panties and get on with it. (Seen on a bathroom wall.)

    Visit my blogs: Cooking the Books

    For recipes only, visit the companion blog: Cooked Up.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Love View Post
    And, the dent has been there for months. And...it's getting more noticeable, which I'm not happy about at all. Guess I'll have to star wearing bangs. I'm wondering, though, if my body just MUST melt away a pile of fat, couldn't it do it on my butt???

    Thanks for the info, Hammster. You are the Google master.
    Take the info for what it's worth. Found on the internet. You still might want to discuss it with your Dr to make sure it isn't more of an issue.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    20,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Love View Post
    I'm wondering, though, if my body just MUST melt away a pile of fat, couldn't it do it on my butt???
    That was what I was thinking when I read it. Maybe your doctor could arrange a transplant?

    Good luck figuring it out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    NJ USA
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    That was what I was thinking when I read it. Maybe your doctor could arrange a transplant?

    Good luck figuring it out.
    Actually, it's called autologous fat transfer; fat is removed from the abdomen (or butt, I suppose) and injected into the face to fill in wrinkles.
    I'd see (or at least call) your doctor, just to be safe. Hope it works out OK for you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dadeville, AL
    Posts
    12,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Love View Post
    I'm wondering, though, if my body just MUST melt away a pile of fat, couldn't it do it on my butt???
    I feel your pain... the only places I seem to be able to lose fat are under my eyes and the bottoms of my feet!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •