Community Message Boards

Thread: Frozen meatloaf?

Frozen meatloaf?

Last time I made meatloaf...I baked 2, and froze one. I'd like to have #2 for dinner tomorrow, but what do I do? Put it in the fridge to thaw, and then just reheat it? Throw it in the oven, frozen?

Help please ) =
    Traveling the country writing about where we go, what we eat, where we stay, and taking a few pictures along the way. Sometimes I even update.

When I have a meatloaf in the freeser --- I defrost it in the frig first, seems to make it less likely to dry out.

I'd also defrost it before heating it.
    my personal chef service: Anastasia's Table Personal Chef Service

Yep - defrost in fridge first if it's frozen. FWIW, I usually bake one and freeze the other uncooked (without the special ketchup topping ), then thaw the frozen one in the fridge overnight, and cook as usual the next day.

Okay, it's in the fridge! Thanks!
    Traveling the country writing about where we go, what we eat, where we stay, and taking a few pictures along the way. Sometimes I even update.

I haven't made meatloaf in ages, but I used to thaw the frozen one in the frig, then slice and reheat in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Makes great sandwiches or pita filling!
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

I swear, I must have been the only person on this planet that wasn't brought up eating meatloaf sandwiches. I never heard of them till..last year. Since then I've read about them in multiple magazines, my girlfriend insisted we eat them with meatloaf #1, and now you people!

I even asked my sister if we at them, and I just forgot...but she agrees-never happened. ~shrugs~