Community Message Boards

Thread: Kraft Garlic Cheese Roll

Kraft Garlic Cheese Roll

I did a search in archives and couldn't find a previous thread on this. If you're from the South and make cheese grits, chances are good you've come to rely on the rolls of Kraft Garlic Cheese; I know I have. Rumor has it that Kraft discontinued making this particular cheese roll the end of 2007. Has anyone else heard this? If it's true, then I need some guidance on how to make my cheese grits- use some velveeta and garlic powder? Help!

I have an old recipe for Spinach Madeleine from River Road recipes that calls for the Kraft Jalapeno Cheese roll. That one was discontinued several years ago. The cookbook put out a substitution for 6 oz of Velveeta along with 1 tsp diced jalapeno. I would guess, based on that information that the sub for the garlic cheese roll would be 6 oz of Velveeta and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.

*And yes, it looks as if Kraft did discontinue it based on the google search I just did.

Editing to say I just found a blog that recommends 6 oz velveeta and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
    Terri _A
    I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?” -Madonna

Read my ramblings about food and my nutty life on A Girl in the South!

Oh, Terri_A thank you for finding the recommendation. When I did my google search all I could find were different sites and discussions begging Kraft to bring it back, but I couldn't find recommendations on substitutions! Thank you!! I'm so disappointed about them discontinuing the cheese roll. I really wish they'd bring it back. Oh well.