Community Message Boards

Thread: Mini-muffin tin treats

Mini-muffin tin treats

Hi all, I got an early christmas present of a mini muffin pan, which I've wanted for a long time...and just never owned.
    I'm going to a cookie swap on tuesday and would love to try some christmas treats from my new pan. Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas for me?

Thanks everyone!!

This was one of Eating Well's prize-winning cookie recipes this year. I made them for my cookie trays and they are fabulous!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Double Nut & Date Tassies

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Christmas Cookie Trays Cookies/Bars

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    Crust:
    1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1/4 cup light brown sugar -- packed
    1/2 cup walnuts -- coarsely chopped
    1 Tablespoon cornstarch
    2 Tablespoons unsalted butter -- at room temperature
    pinch salt

Filling:
    4 ounces pitted dried dates -- (about 3/4 cup)
    3/4 cup water
    1/4 cup light brown sugar -- packed
    2 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
    4 Tablespoons neufchatel cheese
    1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup pecans -- chopped
    confectioner's sugar -- for dusting

Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.

To prepare crust: Pulse flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons butter and salt in a food processor (a mini food processor works well) until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Divide the crust mixture among the prepared mini muffin cups (about 1 1/4 teaspoons per cup) and press evenly into the bottoms.

To prepare filling: Combine dates, water, brown sugar and 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has cooked away, 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then process the date mixture in a blender or food processor until processed into a paste. Add cream cheese and vanilla; blend or process to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in pecans. Divide the date-nut filling among muffin cups (1 generous teaspoon each), gently pressing the filling down and smoothing the tops.

Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is lightly cooked, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the crust with a small spatula or butter knife and transfer the tassies to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.

Source:
    "EatingWell: November/December 2009"

NOTES : The two-bite pecan tarts satisfy the sweet tooth with far less guilt than pecan pie.

Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Anonymous

Thumbs up

These are awesome!

* Exported from MasterCook *

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE CUPS

Recipe By :Land O Lakes
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Cookies/Brownies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter -- softened
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 package miniature peanut butter cups -- (13-ounce)
    unwrapped

Heat oven to 350°F(I do 325 if I'm using my dark, non-stick pan from Pampered Chef). Spray miniature muffin pan with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed (1 minute). Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place each ball into prepared miniature muffin cup. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes (check before 11 min. to keep from over-cooking) or until lightly browned.

Remove from oven; press peanut butter cup in center of each cookie. Let cool 30 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.

Yield: 4 dozen cookies

NOTES : Preparation 20 min.
    Baking 11 min.
    Nutrition Facts (1 cookie): Calories: 100, Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 90mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Protein: 2g

http://www.landolakes.com/mealideas/...RecipeID=11342

I made these a couple of years ago... not sure where i got the recipe, BUT, they were SO good.. like a pecan pie in a little bitty bite!

PECAN PIE MINI-MUFFINS

1 CUP PECANS, CHOPPED
    1 CUP BROWN SUGAR, FIRMLY PACKED
    1/2 CUP FLOUR
    2 LARGE EGGS
    1/2 CUP BUTTER, MELTED

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. GREASE AND FLOUR 18 MINI MUFFIN CUPS OR LINE WITH PAPER MUFFIN LINERS.

IN A MEDIUM BOWL, STIR TOGETHER BROWN SUGAR, FLOUR AND PECANS. IN A SEPARATE BOWL BEAT THE BUTTER AND EGGS TOGETHER UNTIL SMOOTH, STIRE INTO THE DRY INGREDIENTS JUST UNTIL COMBINED. SPOON THE BATTER INTO THE PREPARED MUFFIN CUPS. CUPS SHOULD BE ABOUT 2/3 FULL.

BAKE FOR APPROXIMATELY 14 MINUTES. COOL ON WIRE RACKS WHEN DONE.

this recipes originally called for cooking 20 minutes, but i think that it too long..

This one is great!

Pecan Tassies in Cream Cheese Pastry

One way to serve these tassies (miniature tarts) during the holidays is on a dessert bar, with an assortment of winter fruits and hot drinks.

Pastry:
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    Dash of salt
    1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
    2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
    2 tablespoons fat-free milk
    Cooking spray

Filling:
    1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup light-colored corn syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 large egg
    1 large egg white

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare pastry, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and dash of salt in a small bowl. Combine cream cheese, butter, and milk in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended (mixture will be crumbly). Press flour mixture into a ball.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 to 4 times. Divide dough into 24 portions. Place 1 dough portion into each of 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Press dough into bottom and up sides of cups, using lightly floured fingers.

To prepare filling, divide pecans evenly among muffin cups. Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients; spoon about 2 teaspoons filling over pecans in each muffin cup.

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and filling is puffy. Cool in cups for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around outside edge of each tassie; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Yield: 2 dozen tassies (serving size: 1 tassie)

CALORIES 77 (35% from fat); FAT 3g (sat 1.1g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.4g); IRON 0.4mg; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; CALCIUM 9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 11.3g; SODIUM 50mg; PROTEIN 1.4g; FIBER 0.2g

Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2000
    Alpogoalie: Any dog smart enough to use its paw to pin down a dog dish.

Black Bottom Cupcakes

these are a long standing favorite of mine

Black Bottom Cupcakes
    Yield: 12 full-size or approximately 30 mini cupcakes

Ingredients:
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
    softened
    1 egg
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 cup white sugar
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup water
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
    2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
    3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture. If you choose to go mini for these, keep the filling at a tablespoon or less so you don’t run out.
    see some of my pix @
    www.pbase.com/wintkat

and my online diary as I move from age 59 to the big 6o
    http://60-or-bust.blogspot.com/

"3 for 100" Mini Pumpkin Muffins

With only 100 calories for 3 mini-muffins, these healthy and delightful mini-pumpkin muffins are topped with crunchy granola. These delicious bites are a guilt-free way to stop those mid-afternoon hunger pangs, yet nutritious and filling for a kid-friendly after-school snack!

1 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
    2 large eggs, slightly beaten
    1 1/2 cups lowfat granola cereal, crumbled

PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Paper-line or grease mini-muffin pans.

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and oil in medium mixer bowl until blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle each with about a 1/2 teaspoon of crumbled granola. Press granola lightly into batter.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store muffins in covered containers or resealable plastic bags.

Quote Originally Posted by skyllo View Post
    Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas for me?
    Skyllo, making little pecan tartlets are a great way to go if you want to use your mini-muffin tin. If you’re looking to whip up something a little more unusual around the holidays maybe you can try making some mini Raspberry Lemon Tartlets or Lavender Pound Cakes with Lemon Glaze. Let us know what you end up making!

Here's a short thread on Andy's recipe for Orange Almond muffins. My comments on baking time in a mini-muffin pan are at the end.

Alice

Reported as spam (C&H sugar employee)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieDust View Post
    Skyllo, making little pecan tartlets are a great way to go if you want to use your mini-muffin tin. If you’re looking to whip up something a little more unusual around the holidays maybe you can try making some mini Raspberry Lemon Tartlets or Lavender Pound Cakes with Lemon Glaze. Let us know what you end up making!

This recipe is from Cook's Country last year and they were really good. They are very rich, but everyone at my cookie exchange was really impressed!

Fudgy Peanut Butter Mousse Cups
    Cook's Country 2008
    Makes about 3 dozen cookies

You will need a mini-muffin tin for this recipe. For neat assembly, use a piping bag to fill the cups with the peanut butter mixture. Sugar cookie mix is sold in the baking aisle alongside boxed cake mixes. These cookies can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days.

1 package sugar cookie mix (17.5-ounce), see note
    1 cup pecans , toasted and chopped fine
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
    1 1/4 cups heavy cream
    1 cup chunky peanut butter
    1 package cream cheese (8-ounce), softened
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12-cup mini-muffin tin. Combine cookie mix, pecans, and flour in bowl. Slowly stir in butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Press 1 tablespoon cookie mixture into bottom and sides of each muffin cup. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool 20 minutes in tin, then turn out cookies. Repeat with remaining dough.

2. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat 1 cup cream to stiff peaks, about 2 minutes. In another bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream.

3. Microwave chocolate and remaining cream in small bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture into each cookie cup, then fill cups with 1 tablespoon peanut butter mixture. Drizzle remaining chocolate evenly over cookies and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.

I second the PB cup cookies. Those go Super fast!
    I love making them in my PF mini muffin pan. As a matter of fact, I'm making them tonight for some friends.

-Here's a tip, before I mix the cookie batter, I throw the bag of PB cups in the freezer. Then when the cookies are baking in the oven, I remove the bag from the freezer and start peeling off the wrappers from the PB cups. When their semi frozen they peel easily and you get to keep most of the chocolate on the cup and not the wrapper!
    I love cooking with wine sometimes I even put it in the food.

Wintkat - you black bottom cupcaks sound really good - how long do the bake (for minis)?
    TIA

barbse
    oops, forgot to include bake time

Minis:Bake in center of oven 15 minutes, or until firm
    Standard:Bake in center of oven 25 to 30 minutes

Cheese filling will still be a bit soft.
    Cool completely before serving

moist and flavorful mouthfuls
    I always use paper cupcake liners

looks like I'm unable to edit original post to add bake time

see some of my pix @
    www.pbase.com/wintkat

and my online diary as I move from age 59 to the big 6o
    http://60-or-bust.blogspot.com/

Thanks Wintkat, I'll be trying these soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1230 View Post
    I made these a couple of years ago... not sure where i got the recipe, BUT, they were SO good.. like a pecan pie in a little bitty bite!

PECAN PIE MINI-MUFFINS

1 CUP PECANS, CHOPPED
    1 CUP BROWN SUGAR, FIRMLY PACKED
    1/2 CUP FLOUR
    2 LARGE EGGS
    1/2 CUP BUTTER, MELTED

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. GREASE AND FLOUR 18 MINI MUFFIN CUPS OR LINE WITH PAPER MUFFIN LINERS.

IN A MEDIUM BOWL, STIR TOGETHER BROWN SUGAR, FLOUR AND PECANS. IN A SEPARATE BOWL BEAT THE BUTTER AND EGGS TOGETHER UNTIL SMOOTH, STIRE INTO THE DRY INGREDIENTS JUST UNTIL COMBINED. SPOON THE BATTER INTO THE PREPARED MUFFIN CUPS. CUPS SHOULD BE ABOUT 2/3 FULL.

BAKE FOR APPROXIMATELY 14 MINUTES. COOL ON WIRE RACKS WHEN DONE.

this recipes originally called for cooking 20 minutes, but i think that it too long..
    These were wonderful!! Easy - Quick. I doubled the recipe and got 60 muffins instead of the expected 36