Community Message Boards

Thread: Can I freeze fresh orange juice?

Can I freeze fresh orange juice?

Our neighbor's orange tree has so many oranges on our side of the fence, it is hard to use them all. And he has invited us to help ourselves from his side of the fence as well. The juice from these oranges is fabulous. Can I freeze it? I am thinking that it would lose something, but might try it anyway. Anyone had any experience with this?

I do it all the time.

there is also a brand of frozen oj, not from concentrate, called Just Pick'd, i think-- haven't seen it since i moved back to NY state... but it was good. If they can do it, you can, and probably with more success since yours isn't traveling as far.

I love to freeze all kinds of fruit juice. I freeze it in an ice cube tray. It sounds weird, but its really nice when I know I can pull out X number of cubes for X number of glasses of juice. I use a mini ice cube tray for lemon and lime juice. I can stick a cube on fish or chicken and it will melt in the pan or just toss one in a mixed drink.

Yes, You can. Why not?
    Watermelon—it's a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face

I've heard mixed reports on freezing fresh squeezed orange juice. We have a tree with a couple hundred oranges on it right now and would love to know what the trick it to freezing the juice if there is one. Here is the thing, when I make juice in the morning, it separates within an hour or so if not immediately enjoyed. Is concentrate made by pouring off the water top after it settles? Do you think this might be the trick to successfully freezing the juice?
    A well rounded person is perfectly pointless. - Carrie

Kevlar, what are some of the creative ways you are using your oranges?

Quote Originally Posted by cchhbb View Post
    I do it all the time.
    How exactly do you go about it?
    A well rounded person is perfectly pointless. - Carrie