Community Message Boards

Thread: Jalapeno Ranch Dressing from Chuy's

Jalapeno Ranch Dressing from Chuy's

For any of you who have tasted the Jalapeno Ranch Dressing from the Chuy's restaurant chain in Texas, does anyone have a recipe for a lighter version of it?

I LOVE this dressing and I would be willing to trade off some taste for less fat.

Thanks!

Here is the recipe via the Food Network. http://www.food.com/recipe/chuys-jal...al-deal-200577.

I'd use reduced fat/calorie replacements and go with it.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

Thanks!

Thanks, donleyk! I am excited to try this!

I saw this link with numerous versions. Sounds wonderful and very similar to a dip we love at a local restaurant here in Michigan.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...240&topic=4973

Sue

Here is another version from the internet. I think I'll try this one. It sounds very close to the taste of their "dressing", which is actually a dip (for chips) and doesn't have the taste of mayonnaise (to me).

The Unauthorized Chuy's Creamy Jalapeño Dip

• 16 oz. (or 24, it matters little) sour cream
    • 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix powder
    • 1 handful cilantro leaves (more or less to taste)
    • 3/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices (more or less to taste)

Put the ingredients in a blender (or use a nifty hand blender) and blend until smooth. Eat immediately or, even better, chill for a few hours letting the flavors meld.

The ingredient volumes can be tinkered with to suit your particular taste, without sacrificing the basic qualities of the dip. It is good on chips (tortilla or potato), tacos (particularly of the shrimp, fish, or fajitas variety), burritos, salads (thinned), hamburgers (like mayonnaise).

Red face

Seriously, folks. I live 5 blocks from the original Chuy's and this is THE reason I eat there on occasion. I've decided that you could dip fried cardboard in this stuff and it would be amazing.

Looking at the recipes posted, I'd go with the Food Network version if you're looking for a replica. The sour cream version would probably be good, but the dressing at Chuy's is more the consistency of ranch dressing, not a dip.

Happy eating, my friends,

Lynn

Is Chuy's a chain now? That makes me kinda sad. Love that place out on the water.

Will have to check out the dressing, since the name sounds wonderfully yummy