Community Message Boards

Thread: Oven Temperature Help

Oven Temperature Help

I just realized everything I am making for Thanksgiving bakes in a 350 degree oven.......except for the ham.

The ham is to bake at 275 for 12-15 minutes per pound and it is a 7.8 pound ham. It is a pre-cooked spiral ham.

How long should I bake it in a 350 oven?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Mountain House; 11-20-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Bumping because I really need help on this and have had no responses!

Please help!

This might help: http://busycooks.about.com/od/howtoc...wtocookham.htm

I'd cook it at 350F for 8-10 minutes per pound. But I'd also use a probe thermometer to check the temp.
    my personal chef service: Anastasia's Table Personal Chef Service

I don't think you'll have too much trouble. At Easter I bake a spiral ham at higher than 275 - you really just need to heat it through, so check with a thermometer periodically.

The like that PattiA provided also mentions heating it in a crock-pot - would that be an option?
    Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Thank you for the responses and the link. My ham will not fit in the crockpot but I will follow the instructions listed for a spiral ham. Just bought a new digital thermometer so I can put that to use.

Thanks again, oven temp panic mode is over!

I used to have a combo microwave/convection oven, but got a regular microwave oven when we replaced it. Then I had a scenario much like yours, and realized I used to make the ham using the convection feature when I was cooking other foods at the same time. Oh, well . . .

Let us know how your ham turns out. Ham is pretty forgiving, I'm sure it will be fine.

Happy Thanksgiving!