Community Message Boards

Thread: Refrigerator drawer question...

Refrigerator drawer question...

do you line yours before placing items in them and if you do, what do you use to line them? My mom did matching/coordinating t-towels. Just wondering, as I am about to fill my new refrigerator.
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

I don't line my drawers. Didn't know anyone did!! Is that for moisture absorbing purposes? Considering the science experiments I currently am working on in those drawers, I would not want to ravage my t-towels!

I have used paper towels, tea towels, and that non-stick matting that's aerated -- I find I like paper towels the best, as they're easily removed and replaced (even with the science experiments , and keep the drawers protected, so you don't have to scrub or scrape!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Wow, I never thought of lining those things. What a revelation (science experiments and all.) Actually I don't find mine too difficult to clean; I just put them in the sink and use hot, soapy water et voilà! Something that would provide a cushion of air might be a good idea, though.
    Chacun à son goût!

We have something like this that is made to use in refrigerator drawers. It's a rubber-like material that cushions fruit and vegetables.

Last edited by Gumbeaux; 11-23-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Where did you get it? Looks great.
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    We have something like this that is made to use in refrigerator drawers. It's a rubber-like material that cushions fruit and vegetables.

That's what I meant by the non-stick aerated lining. If you tend to leave things too long, which I do , I have to replace that lining -- that's why I went to paper towels.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

I've gotten that sort of rubbery mesh shelved in stores with the shelf liners. I actually use it to line the shelves where I store dishes/glasses.
    The Blog is open again!
    http://singlegrrlkitchen.blogspot.com/

"If God had meant for corn bread to have sugar in it, he'd have called it cake." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by funniegrrl View Post
    I've gotten that sort of rubbery mesh shelved in stores with the shelf liners. I actually use it to line the shelves where I store dishes/glasses.
    Yeah, I think it's the same exact stuff. The refrigerator mesh is often green.