Community Message Boards

Thread: What to serve with Chicken Mushroom Crepes

What to serve with Chicken Mushroom Crepes

I need your help.... We are thinking of serving Chicken Mushroom Crepes for a dinner party this weekend but have been struggling with what to serve with the crepes.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Sue

The first thing that came to mind was steamed broccoli with a nice grating of nutmeg.

I would also go for something green to balance out the richness of the crepes. Things that come to mind are sauteed spinach or a green, leafy salad.

What immediately came to mind is a brown rice pilaf with carrots, toasted almond slivers and a green veggie-whatever looks good-asparagus or broccoli-very simple and clean, maybe some lemon-to balance the richness. A salad of some sort.

fwiw
    -Susan
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

Roasted asparagus would be great with the crepes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue1 View Post
    I need your help.... We are thinking of serving Chicken Mushroom Crepes for a dinner party this weekend but have been struggling with what to serve with the crepes.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Sue
    Hi Sue.

In keeping with a French theme:

Mini quiches
    Prosciutto wrapped asparagus as a starter

French Onion Soup

Definitely a salad - Caesar, or something fruity w/ apples, bleu cheese, spinach etc. & raspberry vinaigrette dressing

A crepe dessert - Crepes filled w/ nutella & jam or strawberries topped with whipped cream, or bananas & hot fudge. Fondue.

Wine of choice

Have fun.

Please post the recipe for the chicken mushroom crepes. Thank you. I would love to serve crepes in a savory manner, but can only find recipes for sweet variations. I used to go to a restaurant that served ham in a mild mustard sauce in crepes and they were great. I've been searching for something every since.