Community Message Boards

Thread: Help: Reheating Frozen Lasagna?

Help: Reheating Frozen Lasagna?

I have a homemade lasagna in the freezer that's planned for dinner tomorrow night (and a few nights after that, I'm sure). I've never frozen lasagna before- is it best if I pull it out to thaw tonight and then reheat thawed tomorrow, or would it be best to leave it frozen, and pop in the oven that way?

I suppose either way would work, but I'd like the method that will result in the best quality. It's a leftover lasagna, fully cooked before it was frozen, if that makes any difference.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

I would pull it out now, set it on the counter{GASP] for awhile to get it going, then put it into the fridge. I would reheat it thawed.

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    I would pull it out now, set it on the counter{GASP] for awhile to get it going, then put it into the fridge. I would reheat it thawed.
    I would do the same thing
    Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

I usually thaw precooked dinners before heating but bake semi-uncooked dinners (pizza and calzone with raw bread dough and cooked meat come to mind) direct from the freezer.
    Anne

Okay! Thanks for the replies, I'll go pull it out tonight!
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Now that we have confessed we leave frozen food on the counter..... has anyone else microwaved the frozen lasagna and stopped to eat the outside hot layer. scooped out the hot stuff and put it back in microwave? Comes from raising sons with ravenous appetities.

Quote Originally Posted by margeslp View Post
    Now that we have confessed we leave frozen food on the counter..... has anyone else microwaved the frozen lasagna and stopped to eat the outside hot layer. scooped out the hot stuff and put it back in microwave? Comes from raising sons with ravenous appetities.
    I haven't... but I've thought about it, and I can sure see it happening!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by margeslp View Post
    I've also thought about it but if I freeze I usually do it in aluminum pans.

FYI....my frozen lasagne always takes at least 30 minutes longer than a fresh batch, even when thawed. I have no idea why.