Community Message Boards

Thread: Cutting Veggies Ahead of Time Question

Cutting Veggies Ahead of Time Question

Normally when I cut my veggies ahead of time I put them in water in the fridge until the next day. Since I am going to roast these veggies tomorrow I am wondering if putting them in water will work.

I'm going to roast carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes. I want to do the prep work tonight. What's the best way to store these veggies until I roast them tomorrow?

Salt, I'm doing the same thing tonight w/Brussels sprouts & sweet taters. I'm wrapping in plastic wrap with maybe a damp towel over top. That's the way I usually do ahead, don't want waterlogged veggies for roasting.
    I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred.....

I have my shredded sprouts in a zip lock bag (actually 2 zip lock bags) with part of the zip unzipped for air. The same with my green beans that I've already snapped the ends off of.

I just took the potatoes out of the oven and will put them in the fridge when they cool. I'll reheat them while the turkey is resting.
    ______

Elizabeth

Walking Towards Wellness, my personal challenge to walk 10,000 steps per day in 2014 while living with and managing a chronic illness. Walk with me.

I usually chop the vegetables I use in dressing/stuffing the night before and never had a problem with just dumping them in canning jars in the fridge.
    Anne