Community Message Boards

Thread: Cutting Veggies Ahead of Time Question

T's House

Cutting Veggies Ahead of Time Question

Normally when I cut my veggies ahead of time I put them in water in the fridge until the next day. Since I am going to roast these veggies tomorrow I am wondering if putting them in water will work.

I'm going to roast carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes. I want to do the prep work tonight. What's the best way to store these veggies until I roast them tomorrow?

Tar Heel Country!
    Salt, I'm doing the same thing tonight w/Brussels sprouts & sweet taters. I'm wrapping in plastic wrap with maybe a damp towel over top. That's the way I usually do ahead, don't want waterlogged veggies for roasting.
    I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred.....

I have my shredded sprouts in a zip lock bag (actually 2 zip lock bags) with part of the zip unzipped for air. The same with my green beans that I've already snapped the ends off of.

I just took the potatoes out of the oven and will put them in the fridge when they cool. I'll reheat them while the turkey is resting.

Walking Towards Wellness, my personal challenge to walk 2015 miles in 2015 while living with and managing a chronic illness. Walk with me.

I usually chop the vegetables I use in dressing/stuffing the night before and never had a problem with just dumping them in canning jars in the fridge.