Community Message Boards

Thread: Gift ideas for adult nephew

Gift ideas for adult nephew

I'm looking for ideas on what to get my oldest nephew, who's in his late 20's. I've managed to find gifts for all my other neices and nephews, but he has me stumped. He works in accounting at Amazon, likes to watch movies, likes music and books, enjoys eating out with friends. If I can't think of anything else, I'll get him an iTunes gift card, but I'm hoping someone here can come up with something better. Any ideas?
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

This may not be personal enough, but here are some thoughts:

gift card or certificate to a restaurant that would be somewhere he goes on a special occasion

movie tickets--he can take a friend when he wants

another card idea, but my nephew can always use a gas card

I would also probably go the gift card route. Favorite restaurant or to a movie theatre would be good.

Does he live in Seattle/environs? That's such a great area for dining out, I would think a restaurant gift card would be great.
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I love giving and getting movie passes. You could tuck them in a travel mug along with a little bag of homemade goodies. Costco had some good quality travel mugs recently. Two for 14.99 and the movie passes were 2 for 15.99.
    ~JW~

www.virginiadiner.com

My recipients love the peanut products!
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

Butter toasted peanuts? Oh my!

I suggested these money pots on a graduation gift thread a few years ago, but they would be good for lots of different occasions. It was my son's favorite gift. Your nephew could save for whatever he wants with one of these.

http://www.terramundi.co.uk/
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

That's so fun, Kathy - they ship to the US? A lot nicer than the dusty pickle jar on my shelf

I didn't actually order one as it was a gift for DS from another family, but further googling found sites located in the US that sell them. I googled "money pots" and several came up.

The one DS has is almost full. I was reading that there is a way to break it open so that you can use the pot for a planter or candle holder once the money is out. Which is good to know, because the pot is so pretty I really hated the idea of him breaking it.
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

Canice, I gave some of the money pots for graduation gifts after the suggestion here. I found a place just down the street from the Houston Penzey's so I made a trip of it. I did find a few places to order them in the US, but I was short on time. And Penzey's was just down the street.

Would he use a whirly pop and some Amish Country popcorn for his movie watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy B View Post
    I suggested these money pots on a graduation gift thread a few years ago, but they would be good for lots of different occasions. It was my son's favorite gift. Your nephew could save for whatever he wants with one of these.

http://www.terramundi.co.uk/
    I love those!

Thanks for the ideas - I did a restaurant gift card last year, so I think I might do a movie gift card - saw 3 $10 AMC cards at Sam's Club, so I'll probably get those.
    The motive power of democracy is love. ~ Henri Bergson

Quote Originally Posted by Canice View Post
    Butter toasted peanuts? Oh my!
    Mmmmm! A law firm that does some work for DH sends us a big can of those every year. They just came yesterday
    Claire

It doesn't matter what you think, just that you do.