Community Message Boards

Thread: 500 Degree Eye of Round method for cooking Rib Roast - Adjustment in Cook Time

500 Degree Eye of Round method for cooking Rib Roast - Adjustment in Cook Time

I've used the 500 method of cooking eye of round for years posted by Sneelzes and LOVE it. I saw on an old post that she used the same method for a standing rib roast.

We prefer our meat medium, so we roast the eye of round for 8 1/2 minutes a pound and it comes out just like we like. My question is since the rib roast has bones, does that affect the cooking time at all? Do you think I'll be okay cooking the rib roast for the same amount of time I cook an eye of round?

TIA
    Bonnie

Bonnie, I hope this helps. Enjoy your meal!

http://tampabaychef.blogspot.com/201...st-recipe.html

Thanks Vbak. Nice to see a recipe where someone talks about using this process with a rib roast. Covering it with butter....oh, MY that sounds decadent.

My concern is making sure that it isn't too rare when it is done. My sister can't stomach anything that is past a nice "pink." And it is her birthday, so I want to make sure it is done to her liking.

I've looked around and more sources seem to say that a bone-in roast takes longer to cook, so I'm wondering if we need to bump the cooking time up a bit. Maybe add an extra minute at 475.

Thoughts?

For medium you would cook it 6 minute per pound at 500. This is the only way I cook standing rib roast (med rare) and it comes out perfect every time.