Community Message Boards

Thread: Trofie Pasta with Crimini Mushrooms, Bacon and Cherry Tomatoes

Trofie Pasta with Crimini Mushrooms, Bacon and Cherry Tomatoes

This is one of those super simple and fast pasta dishes that you whip up on a weeknight. And that the whole family clamors for and quite vocally resents your "fancier" cooking lol...

Name:  20130723-IMG_4605.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  7.0 KB

http://thespicedlife.com/2013/07/tro...-tomatoes.html
    -Laura

Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

www.thespicedlife.com/

Laura, Thanks for some simple elegance. My goal is to learn more and more simple recipes that have the WOW factor. I enjoyed reading on your blog that you found your pasta at Jungle Jim's. When I visit my son in Cincinnati, we always make a stop there to make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by margeslp View Post
    Laura, Thanks for some simple elegance. My goal is to learn more and more simple recipes that have the WOW factor. I enjoyed reading on your blog that you found your pasta at Jungle Jim's. When I visit my son in Cincinnati, we always make a stop there to make my day.
    Thank you! And yes, LOVE Jungle Jim's...
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Laura, the recipe sounds great and will fit into my .05 meal budget. in the next few weeks. Since I couldn't get a good look at the pasta, what type of pasta would you compare it to? Also, I didn't see a pin it button. Did I miss it or what?

Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    Laura, the recipe sounds great and will fit into my .05 meal budget. in the next few weeks. Since I couldn't get a good look at the pasta, what type of pasta would you compare it to? Also, I didn't see a pin it button. Did I miss it or what?
    Anything short and skinny. Like something the length of penne, but more like a skinny tube. Although really, anything will work.

The pin button is way at the bottom of the post. But here is a link just in case you don't have time to look

http://pinterest.com/pin/424886546065547796/
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Not familiar with trofile. Bet gemelli would work.

http://www.foodsubs.com/PastaShapes.html

Thank you Laura and Charley.

This looks delicious. Our family eats a lot of pasta dishes because it is cheap and no one complains. I will have to try to whip this up, but don't know if I could come close to making it look as good as the picture does! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Not familiar with trofile. Bet gemelli would work.

http://www.foodsubs.com/PastaShapes.html
    I agree about gemelli.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thialin View Post
    This looks delicious. Our family eats a lot of pasta dishes because it is cheap and no one complains. I will have to try to whip this up, but don't know if I could come close to making it look as good as the picture does! Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you!!! That was a wonderful compliment, you just made my day!
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Heck, I would be happy to find even gemelli here in West Texas let alone the pasta used by the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutalady View Post
    Heck, I would be happy to find even gemelli here in West Texas let alone the pasta used by the OP!
    No World Market or HEB around? Want me to mail you some?
    With all of our running and all of our cunning, If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane...
    "Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude" Jimmy Buffet

Thanks for your kind offer,Patt...we have World Market here and I will check there again but the last time I checked, they weren't carrying it .

Thanks for your kind offer,Patt...we have World Market here and I will check there again but the last time I checked, they weren't carrying it .
    Hey don't stress too much--penne would work fine too I am sure.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Penne

No stress........just that I was raised in NY where you could get any kind of pasta and here in TX now, it is a whole new ballgame. Like you said, I too am sure the penne would work fine.

No stress........just that I was raised in NY where you could get any kind of pasta and here in TX now, it is a whole new ballgame. Like you said, I too am sure the penne would work fine.
    Ah, I get it. I am crazy anal about stuff like that too. It would bug me also.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/