Community Message Boards
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Trofie Pasta with Crimini Mushrooms, Bacon and Cherry Tomatoes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483

    Trofie Pasta with Crimini Mushrooms, Bacon and Cherry Tomatoes

    This is one of those super simple and fast pasta dishes that you whip up on a weeknight. And that the whole family clamors for and quite vocally resents your "fancier" cooking lol...

    Name:  20130723-IMG_4605.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  7.0 KB

    http://thespicedlife.com/2013/07/tro...-tomatoes.html
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  2. #2
    Laura, Thanks for some simple elegance. My goal is to learn more and more simple recipes that have the WOW factor. I enjoyed reading on your blog that you found your pasta at Jungle Jim's. When I visit my son in Cincinnati, we always make a stop there to make my day.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by margeslp View Post
    Laura, Thanks for some simple elegance. My goal is to learn more and more simple recipes that have the WOW factor. I enjoyed reading on your blog that you found your pasta at Jungle Jim's. When I visit my son in Cincinnati, we always make a stop there to make my day.
    Thank you! And yes, LOVE Jungle Jim's...
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    In
    Posts
    5,777
    Laura, the recipe sounds great and will fit into my .05 meal budget. in the next few weeks. Since I couldn't get a good look at the pasta, what type of pasta would you compare it to? Also, I didn't see a pin it button. Did I miss it or what?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by vbak View Post
    Laura, the recipe sounds great and will fit into my .05 meal budget. in the next few weeks. Since I couldn't get a good look at the pasta, what type of pasta would you compare it to? Also, I didn't see a pin it button. Did I miss it or what?
    Anything short and skinny. Like something the length of penne, but more like a skinny tube. Although really, anything will work.

    The pin button is way at the bottom of the post. But here is a link just in case you don't have time to look

    http://pinterest.com/pin/424886546065547796/
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,076
    Not familiar with trofile. Bet gemelli would work.

    http://www.foodsubs.com/PastaShapes.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    In
    Posts
    5,777
    Thank you Laura and Charley.

  8. #8
    This looks delicious. Our family eats a lot of pasta dishes because it is cheap and no one complains. I will have to try to whip this up, but don't know if I could come close to making it look as good as the picture does! Thank you for sharing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Not familiar with trofile. Bet gemelli would work.

    http://www.foodsubs.com/PastaShapes.html
    I agree about gemelli.
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Thialin View Post
    This looks delicious. Our family eats a lot of pasta dishes because it is cheap and no one complains. I will have to try to whip this up, but don't know if I could come close to making it look as good as the picture does! Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you!!! That was a wonderful compliment, you just made my day!
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  11. #11
    Heck, I would be happy to find even gemelli here in West Texas let alone the pasta used by the OP!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    nearly Austin, TX
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutalady View Post
    Heck, I would be happy to find even gemelli here in West Texas let alone the pasta used by the OP!
    No World Market or HEB around? Want me to mail you some?
    With all of our running and all of our cunning, If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane...
    "Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude" Jimmy Buffet

  13. #13
    Thanks for your kind offer,Patt...we have World Market here and I will check there again but the last time I checked, they weren't carrying it .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutalady View Post
    Thanks for your kind offer,Patt...we have World Market here and I will check there again but the last time I checked, they weren't carrying it .
    Hey don't stress too much--penne would work fine too I am sure.
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

  15. #15

    Penne

    No stress........just that I was raised in NY where you could get any kind of pasta and here in TX now, it is a whole new ballgame. Like you said, I too am sure the penne would work fine.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutalady View Post
    No stress........just that I was raised in NY where you could get any kind of pasta and here in TX now, it is a whole new ballgame. Like you said, I too am sure the penne would work fine.
    Ah, I get it. I am crazy anal about stuff like that too. It would bug me also.
    -Laura

    Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

    www.thespicedlife.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •