Community Message Boards

Thread: How long will scrambled eggs keep?

How long will scrambled eggs keep?

I'm making the Torte Milanese from Baking with Julia (already made the Espresso Profiteroles w/ Cinnamon ice creaqm-taste awesome). Anyway, I want to bake it on Monday afternoon so I can serve it at room temp on Christmas morning. One of the components in scrambled eggs. I want to make as much of the torte ahead of time as I can- mom's kitchen (and fridge) is very understocked and I hate to have to cook in it. Would they keep until Monday, do you think?
    "It covers your bread like a stinkyfishy tarp
    I know it isn't butter
    But I can't believe it's carp!"

Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Well - I don't know about your recipe speciifcaly, but a quiche usually keeps a day or so. I think it will keep until the next day, but might lose just a bit of flavor. I usally serve an egg casserole on Christmas Day for brunch which I prepare the night before, only I don't bake it until the morning. Is it possible to prepare your recipe in the evening and bake it the next day, then set it in the frdge until your are ready to set it out for your guests?

It's possible, but like I said, mom's kitchen is no fun at all to cook in. I really want to have everything cooked and ready to assemble by the time I get to her house. We're leaving for the in-laws tomorrow morning around 9 or 10, so I think I'm going to get up and cook them tomorrow morning, then keep them in MIL's fridge until we leave for my mom's. Now that I think about it, quice does keep for a couple of days, doesn't it.
    "It covers your bread like a stinkyfishy tarp
    I know it isn't butter
    But I can't believe it's carp!"

Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

I would think as long as they're kept in the fridge nice and cold they should keep for a day or too. we always had leftover scrambled eggs in the fridge growing up. I make hardboiled eggs and keep them in the fridge for up to about 5 days without any problems. just make sure they're cooked all the way through before storing them.
    For Pete's sake, now I blog!
    http://www.ifagioli.com/