Community Message Boards

Thread: Reheating mashed potatoes

Reheating mashed potatoes

A co-worker of mine was asking at lunch for the best way to reheat mashed potatoes. I told her I'd ask this BB, and I know you won't disappoint!

Thanks.

Jennifer

There was a question about this just last week. Here is the thread:

http://www.cookinglight.com/vbb/show...ashed+potatoes
    Susan

So many books--So little time.

Thanks! I don't know what happened, but I did try a search. I must have skipped that post initially, or you'd think that I would have had a huge feeling of deja-vu and just searched manually when my search didn't work. Who knows why????

Also, how do you post links into the document?

Jennifer

When I did the search originally, I tried "reheat mashed potatoes" but found nothing. I tried again using "mashed potatoes" only and did just a title search because I remembered it had been recently posted specifically on reheating.

Then I just copied the address at the top of the thread and pasted it into my reply. I love copy and paste. Since the http and/or the www was already in the address, it linked automatically. I didn't have to do anything else.
    Susan

So many books--So little time.

i'll just post my $.02 here, hope you don't mind. i made mashed potatoes in advance for thanksgiving, and just reheated in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes at a time, stirring in between until they were totally warmed up. i' was worried about the texture and consistency, but they were fine. they were also good reheated in the microwave for leftovers. (i made the roasted mashed potatoes with leeks from nov 99)
    marisa

WHAT, leftover mashed potatoes??? Never happens in my house! Who ever clears the table will eat the last bit left in the bowl!
    Curleytop