Community Message Boards

Thread: ISO: Bday gift for 28-year-old male

ISO: Bday gift for 28-year-old male

My classmates wife is hosting a dinner party in honor of his birthday. My friend is 28 years old and a law student (who is about to graduate).

I am at a complete loss as to what I should bring as a gift. I was thinking about a food gift but I really donít know much about his food preferences. I was also thinking about a CD but don't know much about his music preferences. Any ideas on what to get?

TIA,
    Catharine

What about a bottle of nice wine and some cheese or something like that?

Or, if you wanted to do a CD, my suggestion would be to look at your own collection and pick out something that you like. I have had really good luck doing that in the past. A gift certificate to a place like Borders might be an idea too.

Just some thoughts....

I like the wine idea, or, in the same vein, maybe a basket of imported beers. Whole Foods has a great selection, and I have seen baskets made up that were beautiful!

Men always like gift certificates, too - Border's, Home Depot, and Best Buy would all go over well with my DH (also a 28 year old male! )
    We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter.

- H.I. McDunnough, "Raising Arizona"
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ask me about Kelly's Kids children's clothes!

Does He Play Golf?

How about a gift certificate for a round of golf? If he likes golf and has been in school it may be a welcomed treat!

For men of any age (who aren't in recovery or morally opposed) I usually go with wine or other liquor. Champagne would also be nice since he'll be celebrating his graduation in a few months.

Are you graduating this year too? I have one more year.

Check out redenvelope.com, they have some interesting gift ideas that might give you some inspiration!

Good Luck!
    "...having dogs forces us to keep living in places that are right for us. And I think of all the things I might have given up had my dogs not shown me what was important in my life: fresh air, a garden, an eleven-thousand foot mountain in my backyard." - Pam Houston "The Bad Dogs of Park City"

www.peaceiswise.blogspot.com

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am kind of running out of time, so I think I will head over to Borders and grab a gift certificate if I don't think of anything else.

I am definitely going to keep all of the suggestions in mind for future gifts.

I may be too late for your gift, but something I've bought for guys is a nice martini glass. I then take it to a chocolate shop I love and get the owner to fill it with truffles and wrap it up in cellophane. The presentation is really nice.

Just wanted to tell you guys what I came up with. I was browsing through Borders, keeping in mind my back-up of a giftcard, when i saw Cranium. Itís a board game and it looked really interesting and challenging. Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions. Maybe they will help others in a similar situation.

I have heard that is a fun game. I'd like to try playing it sometime.

I purchased Cranium for a friend this Christmas and it was a big hit. I'm sure he will enjoy it. We had a lot of fun playing it after we had opened gifts.
    "I'm looking for a dare-to-be-great situation" John Cusack, Say Anything

Cranium is a fabulous game. My family loved it. They also make an office version that I want to get my B-I-L. You play alone when you arrre rather bored or avoiding what you're really supposed to be doing . It looked pretty cool too.

Tamara
    Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or Mom.