Community Message Boards

Thread: where to buy popsicle molds?

where to buy popsicle molds?

Okay, I want to make pudding pops! (See the nostalgia thread)

But I haven't got popsicle molds, and the local kitchen store said "they're out of season." Anyone know a catalog or web source for some simple popsicle molds? Or does anyone have a brand they particularly like?

TIA!

Stephanie

I've got my mom's Tupperware ones that are about thirty years old.

I just did a quick look on their website, and the only ones I saw right off have Mickey Mouse on the top:
    http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/coe$www.show_item_detail?fv_item_number=10041086000

They may have some others too that I didn't see.

My mom used to make me pudding pops all the time - she used to use Jell-O ones (maybe see if you can order them on website?) and they were a good snack size, but I know Tupperware also makes them.

When I was in Target yesterday they have them out in their seasonal department, where they keep all the summer dishes, etc. Also, King Sooper, one of our grocery stores has them out too. They're the ones that hold all the drippings and the kids can slurp up the juice. My grandkids love them. And, they're less than $3 for six, much less than Tupperware.

Have you made the popsicles with jello and Kool-Aid? They're great.

Ok. I know that my link is not working correctly. I've tried to edit it, but it keeps getting modified when I save my changes. The Tupperware site has some funky URLs with an "$" in the middle which is causing a problem.

So anyway, if you go to their site, shop by category, and then go to kids, you'll see them.

i always see them at walmart too.
    "I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied: 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " --M. L. Haskins

I've also seen them at Crate and Barrel

Out of season? Isn't the season approaching? I see them at the grocery store all the time. I'm sure they are out there. It's Murphy's Law - just when you need them, they are never there.

I also saw them in Target in the seasonal dept. the other day.

wyopatti-

do you have a recipe for the jello & kool-aid popsicles? I'd like to try them.

thanks,

carrie

I just saw them at Linens in Things the other day!

I got mine at linens and things too! Here are the ones I have, they were $3.99

Road trip, Gertdog......

I have 2 sets that look just like the ones katygirl posted, but different colors, that I got at Walmart in Cortland. The first I bought in season for 1.99, the second I picked up because it was .99 on closeout this fall. I was there a week ago, and they had some, but I didn't check the price.

Williams-Sonoma has really cool ones-classic popsicle, push-up pops, and rocket popsicles, with recipes on the boxes. Not that I work there or anything...

The Betty Crocker web site has some really nice ones I just received. Their web site is http://www.bettycrocker.com

These were the best made popsicle molds I have seen yet.

Pat

Here's the Jello/Kool-Aid popsicle recipe:

1 package Jello (small)
    1 envelope Kool-Aid (small pkg. w/o sugar)
    1 cup sugar
    2 cups boiling water
    2 cups cold water

Dissolve first 3 ingredients in boiling water and add cold water. Pour into molds & freeze.

These have a slushy frozen texture to them.

Thanks all for the responses! I will check out Wal-Mart and maybe K-mart too (thanks JKH for letting me know that the local Wal-Mart may have them!)

Although the ones at Williams-Sonoma sound veeeerry tempting...

I'm going to try making jello pudding pops as a surprise for DF, who often laments the fact that you can't get them in stores anymore.

Originally posted by gertdog
    Thanks all for the responses! I will check out Wal-Mart and maybe K-mart too (thanks JKH for letting me know that the local Wal-Mart may have them!)

Although the ones at Williams-Sonoma sound veeeerry tempting...

I'm going to try making jello pudding pops as a surprise for DF, who often laments the fact that you can't get them in stores anymore.
    Sounds like fun! I have some older ones from Tupperware that my mom got me long ago. I use the same recipe for popsicles that wyopatti posted. I've never made pudding pops before though. Forgive my ignorance, but would you just make pudding the regular way and then freeze it in the molds?

~Susan~

Originally posted by Susan

Sounds like fun! I have some older ones from Tupperware that my mom got me long ago. I use the same recipe for popsicles that wyopatti posted. I've never made pudding pops before though. Forgive my ignorance, but would you just make pudding the regular way and then freeze it in the molds?

~Susan~
    I have no clue myself!

I'm going to start with these recipes for "pudding chillers" I found at www.recipesource.com

I don't make pudding often, so I don't know if the proportions of milk and pudding mix given are the same as for making regular pudding.

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Pudding Chillers
    Categories: Jello, Pudding, Snacks, Desserts, Kids
    Yield: 6 Pops

2 c Cold milk
    1 pk (4 serv size) Jello Instant Pudding any flavor
    6 (5 oz) paper cups

Pour milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk
    2 minutes. Spoon into cups. INsert wooden pop stick into each for a
    handle. Freeze 5 hours or overnight until firm. to remove pop from cup,
    place bottom of cup under warm running water for 15 seconds. Press firmly on bottom of cup to release pop. (DO NOT TWIST OR PULL POP STICK). Makes 6 pops.

ROCKY ROAD: use Jello Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and stir in 1/2
    cup miniature marshmallows and 1/4 cup each Semi Sweet real Chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.

TOFFEE CRUNCH: use Jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and stir in 1/2
    cup chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars.

COOKIES & CREAM: use Jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and stir in cup chopped chocolate sandwich cookies.

From the cookbook Favorite Brand Name Recipes Jello Celebrating 100 Years.
    From the database of Beth Lane.

And here's another recipe I just found that might be worth a try:

GENERIC PUDDING POPS: A Recipe
    1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
    2 cups milk
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 cup canned evaporated milk

Combine pudding and milk in a large mixer bowl. Beat for two minutes. Stir in sugar and canned milk. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.

It was on this website: http://www.guileless.net/sitebody/jo...02/01/29b.html

I have no idea what the website itself is supposed to be about, I just found it through a google search.

Thank you for sharing those recipes! I will try those pudding chillers this weekend. My dds thank you too!

I just saw the popsicle molds at Target yesterday. At least in Minnesota they are not out of season yet.

Pat

I got mine at Cost Plus...Do you have that store where you are?

And they were really cheap. I like the WS ones, but the Cost Plus ones were a bargain...

Target still has them in TX -- also spotted at Linens & Things last week. Chef's catalog carries some that look really nice, but I have 2 sets of Tupperware ones, so mine would have to get lost in the moce to rationalize another set.