Community Message Boards

Thread: Norwegian lace cookies

Post Norwegian lace cookies

I could not believe that any recipe could call for 1 tablespoon of flour and come out right. Boy, was I wrong! The recipe is perfect as is. Bake them for 10 minutes and let them cool on the cookie sheet. You still have to pry them off, but it's worth it

Lace cookies are such precise things...I'm always trying to reduce the caloric damage of everything, but my mother has always told me not to even try touching lace cookies -- if you reduce the amount of butter or try to use a substitute, they just won't spread properly. They really are delicious, though, if you do them right!

Hi,

I think your comments about Norwegian Lace Cookies are interesting. And this sounds like something I would like to try.

Could you please tell me where I can find the recipe for these? or could one of you post the recipe?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

I have been enjoying the following cookie recipe for the last 9 years. They are very delicate to make and "patience is a virtue". They sound like they could be similar to the Norwegian Lace cookies. If you decide to try these I hope you enjoy!

Ann

Lacy Oatmeal Florentines

1/2 c sugar
    dash of salt
    1/2 cup softened butter
    1/2 t vanilla
    1 1/2 c quick cooking rolled oats
    1/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips
    2 t butter

Heat over to 375, grease cookie sheets. In a small bowl, beat sugar, slt, 1/2 c butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, mix well. (dough will be crumbly) Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake 375 for 4 -6 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

In small saucepan melt chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons of butter, stirring constantly until well blended. Drizzle a small amount over each cookie. Refrigerate to set chocolate. Makes about 3 dozen.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for posting the recipe for "Lacy Oatmeal Florentines" I have imported it to my Mastercook Program and printed it out and with luck I will get a batch made before Thanksgiving.

Ed