Community Message Boards

Thread: Freezing Truffles

Question Freezing Truffles

Can you freeze truffles? I want to make mine a few days before I am serving them to save time.

Thanks,
    Kristen

Hi Kristen,
    I assume you're talking about chocolate truffles,
    not the mushrooms, right?

Chocolate truffles freeze beautifully! Wrap them well and store in a tupperware in the freezer. Chocolate is very prorous and easily picks up odors and flavors, so it's important that they are well wrapped. Thaw in the wrapping so that condensation won't form on the chocolate.

IF you only need to store the candy for a few days, they keep well wrapped in the refrigerator. No need to freeze them.

Renée
    Happiness is a good piece of chocolate and a good cup of coffee.

yes, the chocolate ones!

thanks for the tip!

kristen

Could you post your recipe. I have never made truffles, but would like to experiment. Also, Have you tried the truffles from Costco, they are really quite good and very inexpensive. They come in 2 boxes together and are $9.50, each box has 2 foil bags. So four bags and each bag must have at least 20-30 truffles. They are very creamy.

I think they only carry them during the holiday time. They are french truffles.
    Just an FYI.

Lisa

actually, the recipe i plan on using is from cooking light. i found it online (mint chocolate truffles). they don't look too hard to make. this weekend is my trial run before my holiday party.

Kristen