Community Message Boards

Thread: Pampered Chef Digital Thermometer?

Question Pampered Chef Digital Thermometer?

I got invited to (another) Pampered Chef party. Problem is, I really don't NEED much and don't want to spend what I consider too much for some items.

One thing I do NEED is a digital thermometer. Does anyone have one from Pampered Chef? The description in the book does not answer all of my questions, like does it beep, etc. The cost on it is $39.50, which seems very reasonable. It mentions that it's good for meat, poultry, oil for frying and even candy.

Any opinions? TIA!!!

I have one and love it. It's very easy to use and has an alarm for when the desired temp is reached that you can use or not. It's also a timer, and has a magnet on the back so you can hook it to your stove if you want. I use mine allll the time. Go get it!

Jeanne,

I love my PC digital thermometer. Yes, it does beep - you can set it to alert you when it reaches a certain temperature, either manually (I think) or through one of their presets (which can be changed, if you don't like the settings they have). I've used mine for meat, candy, and bread, and it works great. I definitely recommend it.

I have it. It's not something I use OFTEN, but when I use it, it's worked well. Yes, it beeps. You can use it based on the preset temperatures (listed on the back) or you have some flexibility in a temperature that you'd like to select. I even used it one year like Alton Brown suggested: when I was thawing my turkey, I set the temperature to go off when it rose to the correct temperature. That was actually pretty fun letting it do the work for me...no worries about it getting too warm before cooking it.

Smile GET UP!

You guys are the best, now I'm psyched that I have something to get at this party! And, it's reasonable!
    THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Just thought of this, it would make a great gift too!

I have one and love it!

I don't have a PC one, but a Polder. We use it all the time and it works just great!

PS: The Polder's are only $29.99 most stores.
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

I also have a Polder, available at Linens N Things and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I think it was $24.99, but that might have been with one of the ubiquitous $5 off coupons.

I love the pc one. Unlike many on the market, you can use it in the oven or on the stove (for candy, oil, etc). It comes with a clip to clip on the side of the pan. We used ours last week to monitor the internal temperature of our fried turkey. Sadly, DH set it too close to the base of the fryer-thingy (where the fire is) and part of the plastic unit melted. The good news is, it still seems to work fine. It just looks a little surreal!

I have one too and love it - ditto for the reasons above. Although I had to return my first one as it was defective and the PC consultant was very helpful with the return and replacement and I haven't had a problem since!

I have one from PC and I love it in theory, but learned this weekend that the temp on it is not accurate, it was way off when I double checked temp with instant read. Guess I will have to send it back.

Lisa