Community Message Boards

Thread: ideas for secret sister gifts?

Arrow ideas for secret sister gifts?

Does anybody have any ideas for easy, quick or fun gifts for a secret sister? My secret sis is someone I don't know very well, so it's been a bit more difficult than I anticipated! So far I've sent her e-cards, notes in the mail, some massage oils, cookies, the cinnamon rolls posted around the holidays by KCSoccer... you get the idea. Any thoughts on cheap, neat things to do?

Heather

I don't know if I can help (unfortunately, I'm not terribly creative) but I have to ask... What is a secret sister?

(edited, 'cause I made assumptions, and you know what happens then.)
    Last edited by MKSquared; 02-21-2003 at 12:39 PM.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

I was just at Long's Drugs and saw a "Burt's Bees" product that was for buttermilk baths. All it was was dry milk powder, buttermilk powder and fragrance. I bet you could make it yourself and package it pretty with a book or magazine or candle. At Long's it was $14 for about 2 cups I know it could be done cheaper.

Tamara
    Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or Mom.

Actually, my secret sister is through MOMS Club, an organization for stay-at-home moms. We're just doing good deeds for each other - inspirational notes, pick-me up type things, food, whatever. My "sister" has three kids, so she's pretty busy. Other than that, I don't know much about her at all!

We don't have a Long's around here so I can't even look at that package to see what I'd be making. Is Long's the same as another store? I like the Burt's Bees idea...

Heather

What is your spending limit? Here are some ideas:

• Candles (or at least I appreciate them).

A gift certificate at Blockbuster or local video store with some popcorn

A journal and a nice pen