Community Message Boards

Thread: substitution for almond bark or vanilla candy coating?

Question substitution for almond bark or vanilla candy coating?

Help!

I plan on making the Kahlua swirl fudge on Saturday, and I cannot find almond bark or vanilla candy coating.

Trader Joe's has every other flavor of almond bark under the sun but almond. I have no idea where to find vanilla candy coating.

Is it ok to skip this or is there a good substitution? I really want to make this because I have some "vintage" home made kahlua that would be great in this!

thanks!

Wendy

Smile

I have never found almond bark or vanilla candy coating, so I simply used white chocolate chips. I made this fudge on Saturday with the white chocolate chips and it came out really good. Hope this helps you!

I made this yesterday and used white baking chocolate, Baker's I think. I added some vanilla to compensate and it turned out great.

(In fact, I'm going to try a peanut butter chocolate combo using this recipe and peanut butter chips.)

Whatever you use, it should be delicious. A good rich recipe -- cut small.

Thank you both for the tips, I just so happen to have some white chocolate around the house that I bought for icing the sugar truffle cookies. Peanut butter sounds interesting too.

Thanks!

Wendy