Community Message Boards

Thread: Sauce for lobster ravioli?

Question Sauce for lobster ravioli?

Costco has some yummy-looking lobster ravioli for sale. What kind of a sauce do you serve with something like that? Would vodka sauce be okay?

Mmm..those do sound good! I think the most important thing is to not make a sauce that will overpower the ravioli...I definitely wouldn't make a chunky sauce (CL's vodka sauce is chunky) and I would steer away from anything too tomato-ey. If the vodka sauce you're planning to make is the traditional tomato-cream "pink" sauce, I think that would be perfect, but otherwise, a light cream sauce maybe with a little thyme would be delicious. Let us know what you decide!

Emily

I had seafood pasta in a restaurant in a light basil sauce. This may also work for you, and I think CL has some pesto recipes in the archives.

Barbara, I wholeheartedly agree with emilycat's choice of sauce for the lobster ravioli. I made the ravioli myself (which was much easier than I thought it would be) and served it with a light roasted plum tomato cream sauce - very similar to vodka sauce and it received raves from all. No leftovers :-(

bijoux22: Could you post your sauce recipe? Is it light? I have snow crab ravioli from Trader Joe's in my fridge and have been trying to come up with a sauce that would be good with it. Thanks!