Community Message Boards

Thread: How to cook my pork tenderloin

Question How to cook my pork tenderloin

I have a pre-marinated whole pork tenderloin, and don't know how long to cook it, or by what method? If I roast it, approx. how long will it take if it's 1.4 lbs, and what temp? How about if I sear it in a pan on all sides, then finish it in the oven, how long and what temp? Thanks!
    Wendy

Bump
    Leisa

We generally grill ours. DH grills, but I'm guessing about 30 minutes on indirect heat. A thermometer inserted into the middle should register between 150-160 for medium well done. We like ours with just a hint of pink. Be sure to let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing...it'll save those savory juices.
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

If not grilling then 30 minutes in a 350 oven will do!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Most recipes I see for cooking two 1/2 lb. tenderloins call for 30 min. at 400 degrees or until internal temp reaches 160. It's okay for them to be pink inside---don't worry.

We usually slit the tenderloin in a few places to flatten it out and then grill it. The slits help to cook it quicker (takes about 7-10 minutes) and more evenly. Yum! I love pork tenderloin You can also pan fry it, I always slit it so it's still really quick in the pan too. Haven't cooked in the oven yet.