Community Message Boards

Thread: Camry, how to adjust dash lights?

Question Camry, how to adjust dash lights?

My Mom just bought a new Camry and she (I think) has accidentally turned the dash lights off (or at least down so far she can't see them). She lives alone and is 300 miles away so it kills me to not be able to help her. (She is shy and a little hesitant to ask for help.). Can anyone with a late model Camry (2003) tell me where the adjustment is. I would GREATLY appreciate help.
    Nancy
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Aren't the lights controlled on the steering wheel? I would hazard a guess that whatever turns on the headlights also has the dimmer for the dash lights. Hopefully she rec'd an owner's manual. If not then she needs to contact the dealer. Maybe by now she's figured it out...
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Nancy I have pasted a picture of the dash and if you look just through and just below the left steering spoke you will see a rectangular black wheel. If she moves that up or down it will change the brightness for the dash lights. It is a wheel just down from the left air vent and to the right of the fuse cover or coin box (not sure what that is. You can just see it in the picture. If this doesn't help you can phone a toyota dealer and they could help you as well.
    Maureen

"Trying to live the life I imagined"

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer!!!!!!!! I just hung up from talking to my Mom, she found the dial, all is well . My BB buddies are the greatest <insert big hug here>.
    Nancy

wow, lonetree, you even had pictures.....that was some fast work!
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

Nancy...you are most welcome and glad your mom found the dial.
    Maureen

"Trying to live the life I imagined"

North of the ocean, South of the Freeway, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    The people on this BB are just so cool!
    Anna
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money.
    Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine,
    something Brussels sprouts never do.
    P. J. O'Rourke, humorist
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~