Community Message Boards

Thread: Quiche (reheating ?)

Question Quiche (reheating ?)

I'm taking my sister lunch tomorrow. (she just had twins! ) One of the things I'm planning on making is a quiche. I plan on going up in the morning. I'll make the quiche tonight.
    Should I not cook it all the way and finish cooking it at lunch time? Should I cook it all the way and just reheat it. Microwave? Oven? I can't imagine not cooking it at all. But I don't want it to dry out either. help please! TIA
    Patty

I would cook it all the way through and reheat it. I think that partially cooking eggs might be risky. And I think quiche reheats well. Just my opinion.

How neat -- twins!!

I agree with Val. And if you have the option of reheating in an oven, rather than the microwave, it will stay like the original, rather than getting a soggy crust.
    And congratulations, Auntie!

Thanks guys! and thanks on the congrads! It's actually the second set of twins in my family. My brother has twins too. My son thinks it was neat that when he was born he was the only one. He thinks he's unusual.

My friend at work told me today a neat way of heating up quiche. She actually takes the quiche out of the pan and puts it in a frying pan on top of the stove. Then she puts a small amount of water around the quiche, puts the lid on and heats it up. She said the crust doesn't get soggy it just steams up and the quiche heats up like it was just made.
    Patty