Community Message Boards

Thread: Family friendly Weight Watcher Recipes?

Family friendly Weight Watcher Recipes?

While I love Cooking Light it is not simply a family oriented magazine. CL appeals to a large audience and I like that I can test my gormet muscles every now and agian. I have been slowly building a MC cookbook for my family dinner repetoire I was wondering what other people had come up with for week night family dinners. Doesn't have to be CL recipes- just anything that works.
    We are not big fans of seafood, but frequently eat chicken, pork tenderloin, and ground beef.
    Thank you for any recommendations, each issue has so many I always feel that I am missing out on so many good ones!

You might want to check out Weight Watchers Community Recipe Swap page. There are lots of crockpot and casserole recipes on there. The access is free, you do not have to be on ETools to use it.

www.weightwatchers.com
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

I took the Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue Sandwiches to a family potluck and they went over very well. 5 points per 1/2 cup of meat, plus points for the roll < I used a light roll for mine>. Also made the Potato Salad 101 which also went over well. 2 points for 1/2 cup, I believe.
    Maria

I am not sure if these are all WW recipes or CL recipes (Yu tend to find some of the same recipes in both), BUT these are easy, tried and true that even my 12 and 10 year old love. Can't believe they eat the Quiche, but it's a favorite!

CRUSTLESS CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI QUICHE

2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
    cooking spray
    2 tbsps. Dry breadcrumbs
    3 tbsps. All-purpose flour
    1 tsp. Dried basil
    ¼ tsp. Salt
    1/8 tsp. Pepper
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
    1 (4 oz.) carton egg subs.
    1 ½ cups chopped roasted chicken
    ½ cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
    ¼ tsp. Paprika

1. Preheat oven to 350.
    2. Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 mins . or until crisp-tender; drain.
    3. Coat a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle with breadcrumbs (do not remove excess crumbs). Set aside.
    4. Combine flour, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard, stirring with a whisk until blended. Stir in egg subs. Add chicken and ¼ cup cheese; stir well. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 45 mins or until set. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings WW points: 3 per serving

CREAMY FOUR CHEESE MACARONI

Fresh Parmesan and extra sharp cheddar work best in this recipe.

1/3 c all purpose flour
    2 2/3 c skim milk
    ¾ c shredded swiss cheese
    ½ c grated fresh parmesan
    ½ c shredded extra sharp cheddar
    3 oz. Light processed cheese (Velvetta)
    6 c cooked elbow macaroni (3 cups uncooked)
    ¼ tsp. Salt
    cooking spray
    1/3 c crushed onion melba toasts (about 12)
    1 tbsp. Margarine softened

Preheat oven to 350

Place flour in large saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat 8 mins. Or until thick, stirring constantly. Add cheeses; cook 3 mins. Or until cheeses melt, stir frequently. Remove from heat; stir in macaroni and salt.

Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Combine crushed toasts and margarine in a small bowl; stir until blended. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.

Bake for 30 mins. Or until bubbly.

Yield 8 servings Serving size: 1 Cup

Cal:350 Fat: 11g Fiber: 2g WW points: on the line between 7 and 8…..you decide!

GREEK SHRIMP AND SPINACH WITH PENNE

2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    cooking spray
    8 cups chopped spinach
    1 ½ tsps. Bottled, minced garlic (I used 3 cloves fresh garlic)
    1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
    2 tsps. Lemon juice
    ¼ tsp. Black pepper
    ½ tsp. oregano
    2 (14.5 oz. Cans diced tomatoes, undrained)
    4 cups hot, cooked penne pasta
    ½ cup feta cheese

1. Heat 1 tsp. Oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat. Add spinach, cook until spinach wilts, about 2 mins. Spoon spinach into a large bowl, and set aside.
    2. Add 1 tsp. Oil, garlic, and shrimp to pan; sauté 3 mins. Stir in lemon juice, oregano, pepper, and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add shrimp mixture to spinach mixture, and toss well. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.

Yield: 4 servings 1 ¼ cups shrimp and 1 cup pasta

Cal: 421 Fat: 8.5 Fiber: 5.7 WW points: 8

This is fast and easy!!!