Community Message Boards

Thread: Where can I find capuccino chips??

Red face Where can I find capuccino chips??

Last week, a coworker mentioned these and this was the 1st time that I had heard of them. I did a search, found some great looking recipes, but no source. I have never seen them at Trader Joe's. Does anyone know?? Thanks!
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

I'm pretty sure you can order them from King Arthur.
    Dianne

I only know of chocolate-cappuccino chips.

They can be order from the Baker's Catalogue - King Arthur Flour.

www.bakerscatalogue.com
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm thinking that I have bought capuccino chips at the regular grocery store (Ralph's), so you may want to check there Wendy. They were just with all the other chips. It was either there or Trader Joe's, but since you said you have never seen them there, I am pretty sure it was the supermarket. Good luck finding them!

mom got some for me at King Arthur and I made this recipe. These cookies are delicious.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Gwen's Very Special Mocha Cookies

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 32 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Cookies Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 1/4 c King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour -- (10 1/4 ounces)
    OR Mellow Pastry Blend
    1/3 cup Double Dutch Dark Cocoa OR natural cocoa -- (1 3/8 ounces)
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tablespoon espresso powder
    1 cup butter -- (2 sticks, 8 ounces)
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup cinnamon chips
    1 cup cappuccino chips

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together the sugars, espresso powder, butter, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating till well-combined. Stir in the chips.

Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake the cookies in a preheated 375F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they're just barely set. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.

Source:
    "King Arthur Flour"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : I got about 32 cookies. Excellent! great fudgy and coffee flavor with a hint of cinnamon. crisp outside and chewy inside. definitely worth buying the KA chips for.

the soft, chocolate-coffee-flavored cookie harbors both cinnamon and cappuccino chips (though we've also used chocolate and cappuccino chips to wonderful effect). Gwen says these are "as yet unnamed..." We hereby dub thee Gwen's Very Special Mocha Cookies!

Valchemist,
    Wow, those sound amazing. I hope you are happy...my order list to KA just got longer.
    Nancy
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

I bought a bag a Trader Joe's the last time I was in CA, but that was a couple of years ago. Those were made by Guittard. The only other place I have seen them was the KA Baker's Catalogue

Thanks everyone! It looks like I will have to place an order to King Arthur and stock up as there are too many good recipes. My coworker's birthday happens to be on Christmas Eve so I think I'll get a couple of bags for her too as I always try to give her a few extra goodies!
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Hi, Wendy--

I just saw the Guittard's cappuchino chips at the Albertson's here today, so maybe you can find them at a regular grocery store.
    Susan

So many books--So little time.

I really hate hearing that since Albertson's closed all its stores in this area. I would like to get some more of them, especially since I saw the recipe above, but I tend to talk myself out of food items I have to pay shipping on. Maybe next time I have to make a special order form KA. I bet they are the same.