Community Message Boards

Thread: Mini muffin tins, baking time?

Mini muffin tins, baking time?

Anybody have the mini muffin tins, 24 to a pan? I'm wondering what the baking time would be for most recipes. I'm estimating about ten minutes, start checking at seven?

I've got the mini Bundt (1 cup) pan and find most recipes take about twenty minutes, I start checking at seventeen.

I would like to know this piece of info too...I usually just take a peek and see when they're done, but that is risky. Last time I made some muffins I completely forgot about them and they burned. I didn't want to take them out of the oven and let the burnt smell spread through the whole apartment, so I left them in, intending to take them out the next morning. Unfortunately I forgot, and one of my roommates baked something the next day without noticing that there was a pan of burnt muffins in the oven. When she was done baking her stuff, the muffins were solid black nuggets that resembled charcoal in just about every way. I arrived home that evening to find them neatly stacked on a plate, with a little placard next to them saying, "Aha! The elusive weapons of mass destruction have finally been found!"

Thanks for the giggle!!

I have my share of baking disasters. I can sympathize.