Community Message Boards

Thread: How many calories in a gas station/office vending machine "cappucino" drink?

Question How many calories in a gas station/office vending machine "cappucino" drink?

I sometimes get a 20 oz. French Vanilla "Cappucino" thingie at the gas station. How can I find out nutritional info on something like that? Regular coffee, I can figure out. Regular cappucinos (like from Starbucks), I can figure out. But these I can't.

I am assuming it is flavored powder that sits in the machine until I push the button and then it combines the powder with hot water and spits it into my cup.

I usually fill my cup 3/4 full with the French Vanilla then top it off with regular black coffee.

Anybody know a close estimate for something like this?

our cocoa at work that comes out of a Flava vending machine for a 6-8 oz serving is 120 calories.

J
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

I love this site called Dietfacts - they have a searchable database of all sorts of restaurant/take-out food.

Here's a link to the french vanilla cappucino nutrition facts for Wawa's (I imagine other convenience store/gas station cappuccinos would be similar).

http://www.dietfacts.com/item.asp?itemid=9751
    <)>>< Candace ><<)>

Beth, I went through the research a little over a year ago before I asked DH to buy me a cappuccino machine! As far as I can remember, the calorie count was 200+. But the fat count was high, and (ugh) mostly saturated fats! So then I decided just to stick with the fat-free cappuccinos, but, with after researching those, I found the calorie count to be even higher. Then I decided to ask for the cappuccino maker so I could control my cappuccino cravings better.
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

You don't REALLY want to know, do you??

Dotties Weight Loss Zone (http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/quiktrip.html) is a very reliable source for all kinds of restaurant and grocery nutritional information, along with Weight Watchers points and tips. Here is the information from her web site,on the QuikTrip page:

French Vanilla Cappuccino, 20 oz (360 calories/13 g fat/2 g fiber/57 g carbs) 8 points

Fat Free French Vanilla Cappuccino, 20 oz (200 calories/0 g fat/0 g fiber/47.5 g carbs) 4 points
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

ugh.

i was afraid of that. i have gained a few lbs. recently and did not know if it was from the holidays, or my recent fetish with gas station cappucinos (my office has a machine, too but the gas station is better )

well i GUESS i could be just as satisfied drinking regular old coffee.

thanks for the info guys! i tried researching on my own first but could not find any info. i knew someone here had the knowledge.

I wonder where the two grams of fiber comes from. fiber? in a cappucino??

That is one of the things about making mine at home -- I know just what gopes into them, so they only have the calories of the skim milk I put in them -- or a splash of fat free extra calcium chocolate milk when I want the mocha (it only takes about 1 oz). I have seen magazine and newspaper articles about the "hidden" calories in what we drink. I also wonder about 2 gr of fiber!

val, do you suppose there's any fiber content in the fake creamer they use? That's all I could think of.

If Dottie posted it on her site, then it came Directly from QuikTrip's home office.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by Deanna
    You don't REALLY want to know, do you??

Dotties Weight Loss Zone (http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/quiktrip.html) is a very reliable source for all kinds of restaurant and grocery nutritional information, along with Weight Watchers points and tips. Here is the information from her web site,on the QuikTrip page:

French Vanilla Cappuccino, 20 oz (360 calories/13 g fat/2 g fiber/57 g carbs) 8 points

Fat Free French Vanilla Cappuccino, 20 oz (200 calories/0 g fat/0 g fiber/47.5 g carbs) 4 points

Thanks for the Dotties link, Deanna.

I could've sworn that the fat-free had more calories than the regular, but they're both too high, anyway. Maybe for a special treat, when I'm out doing errands and need a caffeine boost!
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

Well, maybe that is depending on coffee or ingredients in cappuccino. I think 120 calories in one serve of cappuccino. However, that is based on my research only, there's a label in the back of one sachet on cappuccino.