Community Message Boards

Thread: Recaito--what to do with it?

Question Recaito--what to do with it?

I bought a jar of Goya brand Recaito at the store last week, simply because the description on the label sounded yummy! I have no idea what to actually use it for, however. I ran a search of the board and found a few references to it from a couple years ago, but no recipes. It smells delish, but I don't know what to put it in! Anyone have any ideas?
    Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. --Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Vacuuming in high heels

ummm...what is it? (Sorry to sound dense )
    Dianne

Guest Guest
    I was curious too and found the following description for the Goya
    recaito -
    "A unique cilantro based seasoning with sautee cilantro, green pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil creates this rich, thick base. Use in beans, rice, soups, and stews to enhance flavor."

Heidi,

If you do a Google search for recaito recipes, many good sites come up.

Hi
    You can use recaito in stews and in arroz con pollo, asopaos (similar to risotto)in beans it gives a unique flavor to many latin dishes. YOu can go to the www.goya.com
    website for ideas and recipes too.

Thanks for posting the website, Vanessa. I would never have thought to look there! I swear, I can be so dense sometimes! LOL
    Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. --Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Vacuuming in high heels