Community Message Boards

Thread: Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies

Arrow Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies

Quick...I'm in the middle of making cookies for my niece's graduation party tomorrow and I'm trying to decide between two recipes. Has anyone made the CHEWY SKOR TOFFEE BITS COOKIES recipe that is on the back of the Skor toffee bits bag?? It looks like a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe except with toffee bits instead of choc. chips and it also only calls for 1 stick of butter instead of 2. I actually bought the toffee bits to make Toffee Pecan Bars, but now I can't decide. Any comments?? Or I could also make the Sprarkling Butter Toffee Cookies (which I've made before). Decisions, decisions...

BTW, I've already made Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies and Chocolate Pretzel Rings (some with Rolos and some with Kisses and using mini pretzel twists instead of pretzel rings).

CHEWY SKOR TOFFEE BITS COOKIES

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 eggs
    1-3/4 cups (10-oz. pkg.) SKOR English Toffee Bits or HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Almond Toffee Bits

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.

2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.

3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

Toffee Pecan Bars
    Source: Quick Cooking

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 cup cold butter
    1 egg
    1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 pkg. English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chip (7 1/2 oz.)--[I don't know if I'd use the whole 10 oz. bag?]
    1 cup chopped pecans

In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon over crust.

Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Chill until firm before cutting.

Yields 3 dozen.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies

Recipe By :Land-O-Lakes
    Serving Size : 60 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Cookies/Brownies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup sugar
    3/4 cup LAND O LAKES« Butter -- softened
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup English or almond toffee bits
    Sugar

Heat oven to 350░F. Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; reduce speed to low. Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in toffee bits by hand.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each with bottom of glass to 1 1/2-inch circles. (If glass sticks, dip glass in sugar.)

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. (DO NOT OVER BAKE.) Sprinkle with sugar while warm. Cool completely.

TIP: English toffee bits and chips are available in the baking section of large supermarkets.

TIP: Cookies may also be flattened with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.

HIGH ALTITUDE: Reduce sugar to 3/4 cup. Increase baking time to 10 minutes.

Yield: 5 dozen cookies

Preparation 1 hrs. 15 min.
    Baking 9 min.

Nutrition Facts (1 cookie)

Calories: 50
    Protein: 1 g
    Carbohydrate: 7 g
    Fat: 2.5 g
    Cholesterol: 10 mg
    Sodium: 45 mg
    Fiber: 0 g

my vote is for the chewy toffee bit cookies--i make chocolate chip cookie dough all the time and use toffee bits in place of chocolate chips--holy cow are they amazing..totally addicting! something about a buttery cookie with buttery toffee chips--i love it!

I made the Skor cookies once but I made the whole recipe and baked it as one big cookie in a pizza pan. That was delicious, but unfortunately I can't speak for how the individual cookies would turn out. Flavor-wise, it was a winner, though.

Kari

Go for the back of the bag recipe

we LOVE them. They are truly delicious!! they have become one of my brother's favorite holiday cookies to make.
    Kari, making them as one big cookie sounds like a great idea, I will have to remember that!!
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

Thanks guys! I ended up making the Skor Toffee Bits Cookies. Yum!! It's a pretty plain looking cookie but they tasted wonderful. Every single cookie/pretzel ring I made got devoured.