Community Message Boards

Thread: Where Can I Buy Carob?

Where Can I Buy Carob?

I'm just starting to experiment a bit with treat-making for doggies! So far, it's going great and I plan to do a lot more in the future. I've found some recipes that use carob but can't find any carob chips, bars, etc. in the supermarket. Anyone know where I can find this ingredient? Thanks!

I always get them in bulk at Whole Foods. If you don't have one near you, try a health food store.

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa. Yup, we've got a Whole Foods close to us so I'll check it out. Do you think Trader Joe's would have any? I go there more often.

I'm 90% sure I have seen carob chips at TJs.
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Wegman's carries it in the Nature's Markewt section. Don't know if this helps.

Hi:
    I find carob in Maryland at DAvid's health store. TRy your local health food?

Thanks for all the responses! I called TJ's and they told me they don't sell them. I guess I'm off to Whole Foods!

Lisa, I went to Whole Foods but couldn't find them in bulk. I bought a regular sized bag of dairy free carob chips. Are these the ones you're talking about? This may be a really dumb question, but are all carob chips dairy free? Also, I think I wanted unsweetened but I'm looking at this bag and it says "malt sweetened". Did I buy the wrong carob chips? I didn't see any other options. Maybe I'll have to check another store. Thanks for your help!

I've seen it at Health Food Stores.

Health food stores are the way to go! I called one called M.O.M. (My Organic Market) and they have the unsweetened carob chips so I'm off to get some today! Thanks for all your help!