Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tea Towel Swap??

Tea Towel Swap??

Okay I am stealing this idea from the Barefoot Contessa site!

They are doing a kitchen tea towel swap and I think that's a cool idea!
    Tea towels are so light and easy to ship (a factor that often keeps me out of other swaps).
    I know summer may not be the best time to do this but I thought I'd see what you all thought. I can bring it up again in the fall if there is interest.

Sounds like a great idea! I love tea towels!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Neat idea Maureen! I'm with you on the shipping costs, too. I tend to buy really heavy swap stuff and it costs just as much to ship as it does to buy the items!

As for timing, fall/pre-Christmas would be better for me personally. Keep us posted as to what transpires.
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

Sounds like fun...I thought this was going to be about a chain letter tea towel thing. I think I got one of those once, and I don't do chain letters.
    Margaret

I'm in.

I'm a sucker for a good swap
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Ooh, that would be fun. Good idea, Maureen! Count me in when it happens.

Love it...I'm in...

~the person who has not sent her swap pkg to melman(Melanie) yet (but I was in Australia )
    "I expect to pass through life but once.
    If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."
    -William Penn (1644-1718)

~~www.Nurse-Gail.com~~

That could be fun. I'm always bad about getting my package heavier than intended, but I still enjoy doing those packages too.

You just know someone is going to hand-embroider and hemstitch their tea towel and make me look bad...
    Go ahead, it'll be fun anyway.
    Margaret

Originally posted by Jazzmatazz49
    You just know someone is going to hand-embroider and hemstitch their tea towel and make me look bad...
    Go ahead, it'll be fun anyway.
    Not me, no way! So if we end up being partners, there would be no jealousy, no one-upping, nobody looks bad!
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

Well there seems to be some interest. Definately save the idea until late fall- I just couldn't wait until then to put it out there!
    And besides now you can all keep your eyes out for the towel that best represents where you live!!!

I don't sew- ain't gonna happen!

Stupid question, but what is a tea towel? I have never heard of that. Is it a hand towel? A kitchen towel?
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. . .

Originally posted by PAMMELA
    Stupid question, but what is a tea towel? I have never heard of that. Is it a hand towel? A kitchen towel?
    Ditto.....
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

Oops- I think of it as a kitchen towel.- sorry I should use that word as it is much clearer. I am having a bad time communicating on the BB today!

Originally posted by kima
    Oops- I think of it as a kitchen towel.- sorry I should use that word as it is much clearer. I am having a bad time communicating on the BB today!
    Nonsense...tea towel just sounds so much more elegant
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Originally posted by kima
    No, just a kinder/gentler way, just like you Mo!
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

I have to admit that it was only a few years ago that I first heard the term. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go sow some cotton seeds in the back yard and get to work on my organic free-range beet and carrot dyes, and check the progress of those little silk worms . This will be fun!

I had such a great experience with the recent summer swap, so I'd love to participate in another one!!

Ellen

I haven't ever swapped here, but I would love to be included!

Originally posted by Canice
    I have to admit that it was only a few years ago that I first heard the term. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go sow some cotton seeds in the back yard and get to work on my organic free-range beet and carrot dyes, and check the progress of those little silk worms . This will be fun!
    LOL

Count me in (now that I know what a tea towel is!

Actually, I've always thought tea towels were those linen towels with scenes or botanical designs printed on them. Gift shop stuff.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Does anyone know places to get tea towel calendars where you live??? My mother has collected them all her life, and lately none of us have been able to find any for her anywhere.

If I could make a plea for a nifty 2005 tea towel calendar for my mum, I would SO swap for that!

Great idea! Count me in!

Lucius Best: You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!
    Honey Best: Greater good? I am your wife! I'm the greatest good you are ever gonna get!

"The Incredibles" (Lucius Best aka Frozone)

count me in too!

Agreed, great idea, and I want to play too. BTW, Mimeea has been my swap partner and she did include a tea towel that she embroidered. A very lovely towel I might add. However, I won't be doing that either.

Count me in, I love to swap.

Compass Rose, My mom collects those too. They're hard to find so I've been reduced to ordering ones from the cheesey Lillian Vernon catalogue each year. Also, I was able to get one made from that same catalogue with a picture on it of me and my brother. Good luck!

I'm in

Originally posted by HUNGRY!
    I've been reduced to ordering ones from the cheesey Lillian Vernon catalogue each year.
    Yes, but by ordering from "her," you can most likely get the matching musical toilet paper roller too!

BOB