Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northwestern Washington (Bellingham and beyond!)

Cool Northwestern Washington (Bellingham and beyond!)

Hello there!
    My husband and I are fairly new to Bellingham. We love to cook and eat, we're into healthy and organic food, and we love to make new friends!

Is there anyone who'd like to join with us to form a supper club?

Waiting to hear from you!!!

Supper Club

I have also recently moved to Bellingham and would be interested in starting a Supper Club. Are there any other takers?

I am interested in a Supper Club in Bellingham, too!

What kind of critial mass do we need for it to be a club? If we can get 5 or 6 I think it would be sufficient for a first meeting....

club in Bellingham

Do people still want to start a supper club in Bellingham? I just registered today so I could be involved if there's enough interest in one.

I would still be interested.

Bellingham Supper Club

I am still very interested. After New Years would be best for me to start. My schedule is VERY hectic and I will be out of town frequently between now and Jan 5.

Bellingham Supper Club

Well what do you guys think about aiming for a first meeting toward the end of january? Would that work? Between then and now we could decide on what exactly we would like to do at the meeting? Has anyone here ever used meetup.com? I thought it might be worthwhile to post on there too and see if we get any takers. Let me know what you think.

Jan. Meeting/Bellingham

Late Jan. works for me.

Late January sounds good for me, too. I teach at Western, and the first two weeks of the quarter are pretty hectic. I don't know if I'd be up for a dinner party then. But I could meet up with you all just about any time to get acquainted and talk about what we want to do. Looking forward to it

Bellingham Supper Club

I am so glad to see others would like to start a supper club in the Bellingham area! I would love to be a part of this, and hope that you are still accepting "members". Please let me know; I'm flexible in regards to when the club would start, and look forward to it.
    Thanks!

YES!

All are welcome! And it looks like we will have exploratory meeting in Jan. Keep in touch!

Email?

Merrily, cookiechem and megand--

I was thinking that maybe we should share emails with each other so that we can contact each other more easily, and schedule a meeting time and place for the "set-up" meeting in January. If you email me with your info so that we could schedule to meet (through the click below on this post), that would be great. I will forward the email and info among the four of us and then we can get going--and if anyone else is interested, we can add them in!

we2cools

Still on in Bellingham?

Hi,

Are we still on for a late January get-acquainted meeting? Sometime next week or the week after? Do we want to do late afternoon, early evening, or weekend?

Megan

I am still up for meeting. My schedule is pretty open, but with icy roads I would prefer to meet late afternoon, early evening, or weekend afternoon.

Merrily

Late January meeting

I'm up for it! Late afternoons would work for me just about any day, although I might have my two kids in tow if grandma can't watch them for me (4 yrs and 11 months, usually well behaved). Evenings the last two weeks of January are open as well. My weekends are filling up, but I might be able to make it with enough advance notice. My first preference would be the late afternoons--any feedback?
    melinda
    P.S. Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday afternoons after about 4 or 4:30 work best for me.

meeting

Hi, eveyone,

Of Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons, Thursday afternoons after 4-4:30 work great for me, usually, but I'm free other times as well.

Megan

Thursday afternoons are fine with me too.
    Merrily

Thursday January 20th?

Great! How about next Thursday, January 20th at 4:30? How does one of the Starbucks sound for a meeting place? I live in Ferndale, so the new one on Bakerview close to the Fred Meyer would be great, or if you are both at the south end, we could meet at the Starbucks at Sehome.
    Melinda

Sounds like we have a date! The Starbucks on Bakerview sounds fine, although I didn't know there was a new one there. I'm sure I can find it, though. I live near Barkley Village, so any of the other Starbucks work for me as well.

Megan

Thurs Jan 20 4:30 works for me too. Starbucks on Bakerview is fine as I live on the north end of town. Megand, it is between Fred Meyer and Northwest Ave. Used to be a pizza place, I think. Same side of the street as FM. See you then.

Meeting Thursday 1/20

Unfortunately, my car broke down today and the auto shop just called. The part won't be in until Friday, so I am sans transportation. Could we change our meeting until Thurs, Jan 27, same time same place?

I'm OK with moving to next Thursday the 27th. In fact, it works out well for me, because I was going to have to move something else. I'm sorry to hear about your car - I hope it's not too expensive to fix!

Megan

still on?

Hi, Merrily and Melinda,

So are we still on for Thursday, 1/24 at 4:30 at the Starbucks on Northwest? If so, any ideas about how we can identify each other?

Megan

Thursday meeting

I'll be there. I'll be the one with the 10 month old little boy (absolutely adorable, or course . Also, I have long brown hair.

Melinda

Starbucks

Hopefully your are referring to Thursday 1/27. I will be there. I have short brown/gray hair. No kids in tow. But from what I have observed of this Starbucks, they are not yet very busy...
    Merrily

B'ham supper club

Hi there ladies. I am glad to see from the posts I read that you actually got together. I had totally spaced on the fact that we had decided to postpone until January until I went to cookinglight today to find some recipes. It's been pretty hectic since the new year started, but I would still like to take part in a supper club if it's still happening. Let me know, and i promise to not forget totally this time.

Carrie

Supper Club

Carrie
    We are set to go at my place in Bellingham Sunday 2/27, starting around 3PM. Since so far only 3 have committed to it, we decided that we could each invite prospective members for the first dinner. I will choose a main course from the new Cooking Light which will hopefully arrive in the next 10 days and then you can decide what the accompaniments should be. Spouses/significant others are welcome for the eating part but we are excluding children for the time being. You can call me for more details and information if you would like.

Merrily Curtis
    922-0724

This Sunday

Hey everyone!

I got my March Cooking Light Saturday, so hopefully we'll be good to go on Sunday. Have you picked a main dish, Merrily? Also, I was wondering who is coming and how many we'll have. My sister, Elizabeth, will be coming with me, and possibly my husband. But, if there are no other males, I'll give him the option of going fishing with our neighbors (an option I'm pretty sure he'll take!). I haven't invited the other couple I had mentioned including; maybe at a later date. So we'll have me, Elizabeth, Merrily, Megan, anyone else?

Melinda

Main Course

Your Karma or post office is much more efficient than mine, because my Cooking Light arrive today (Thursday) and I got home from a visit to the Islands today (the San Juans, not Hawaii, darn) at 10:30 PM; So I have chosen Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cranberry Sauce on page 162. I will supply the wine for the main course and some sipping wine for preparation phase but would appreciate a head count. Looking forward to this adventure!