Community Message Boards

Thread: How Long does Cooked Salmon Keep In fridge

Post How Long does Cooked Salmon Keep In fridge

I baked some salmon last night with a little dill. Im just wondering how long it would keep in the fridge. Im going to have some tonight but would it be safe for lunch tomorrow? It turned out last night that I was the only one for dinner (my brother had to work, and now his work days begin and wont be home). Ive got one more fillet to go. I share just a little with my dog, so we both had brocoli and salmon last night.

cdm - for sure the salmon will be fine tomorrow - I often poach a couple of salmon filets during the week for lunches, etc. - use them for 3 - 4 days - I'm still here and so is the cat that gets the leftovers later.

Salmon leftovers? Never. If we don't finish it the first day, it is gone by lunch the next. Noni

cdm,

I often have cooked fish in the fridge for 3 to 4 days; it should be fine. This is kinda gross, but sometimes the fat might congeal around the bottom -- just scrape it off; the fish is still good.

[This message has been edited by emilycat (edited 04-01-2001).]

The salmon will be fine but if you're planning to eat it "cold", rememeber that salmon is a fatty dish and tastes better a little closer to room temp. I put any leftovers into a mixed greens salad --delish!