Community Message Boards

Thread: Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin Roll

I am going to attempt my first Pumpkin Roll. While all of the recipes I've found are similar, the techniques are different.

Does anyone have any idea what the easiest technique is? One is to use a linen dish towel to roll up the cake as it cools. Another involves using wax paper. Would Parchment paper work?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

For rolls, I have always baked it with parchement paper, but used a towel to roll up the cake in. I guess you could use anything to roll it in, but I prefer the towel method because it is larger than the paper and helps the cake breathe and cool. That's just my opinion.

gabby,

I've used the towel and the parchment methods, and both worked...I think the towel was a bit easier, but not much...I remember it helped to have the cake warm, and not too hot or too cool...if that helps any

~Gail
    "I expect to pass through life but once.
    If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."
    -William Penn (1644-1718)

~~www.Nurse-Gail.com~~

Thanks. I guess this is a little tricky, huh?

I use the towel method as well. I've never heard of using parchment or wax paper to roll it in as sometimes you have to dust it with pwowdered sugar or cocoa and the towel would disperse it more evenly. I'm sure anything would work though.