Community Message Boards

Thread: Hawiian Punch and Gingerale and Rainbow Sherbert?

Hawiian Punch and Gingerale and Rainbow Sherbert?

Has anyone heard of this??? My daughter and her friend are having a double birthday party on Monday and the other mom said she remembered a "punch" with these ingredients. Neither of us are really sure though of the measurments... or if these are actually the real ingredients. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Kim
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

http://livlifetoo.blogspot.com/ Visit Kim's food blog!

Sounds like one of those things that you just pour into a punch bowl (or cups as the case may be). I wouldn't worry about a recipe -- just start pouring a bottle of ginger ale, a bottle or large can of Hawaiian Punch and a carton of rainbow sherbert (maybe scooping it in pretty scoops or making it into shapes before hand). Isn't that the way most punch recipes are written anyway? Have a second can of Hawaiian Punch handy in case it's too diluted -- or try a dry run with the punch and ginger ale by the glass to get the propertions you will want to use.

Sounds like something girls would like -- pineapple sherbet would be good too, but less colorful. Mango sorbet would be good, but $$ unless you make your own with canned mango puree.

That's exactly how I make it, Beth. Just one of those throw together recipes that taste good no matter what portions you use. I have only used gingerale, maybe next time I'll try the punch.

That's it! Haven't had it in years, but it was standard at all baby and wedding showers Really good ;-] (Don't add all sherbert at the same time, keep a second container for refrshing it)

~Gail
    "I expect to pass through life but once.
    If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."
    -William Penn (1644-1718)

~~www.Nurse-Gail.com~~

The standard when I was a kid was 1/2 gallon block of lime sherbet in a punch bowl, with several quarts of ginger ale poured over.

My mother made this for us when we were a kid, she did 2 cans of Hawaiian punch to one bottle of 7-up or Gingerale, then added the 1/2 quart of sherbert, raspberry, lime, rainbow, any one works. Sometimes she would even add a can of pineapple juice. I used to love it as a kid.