Community Message Boards

Thread: Non-Football Fans - What are your plans for Sunday?

Non-Football Fans - What are your plans for Sunday?

A friend just reminded me that Sunday is the Superbowl. When I asked what time it was, he said "Are you actually going to watch it?" (He knows that DH and I aren't football fans.) I said "No. I just want to know so that I can go to the grocery store while it's on!" I LOVE shopping during the Superbowl! It's just about the quietest time in the store that you'll ever see (unless you like to shop at 2AM!)

So, there must be other non-football watchers. What are your plans?
    "This better be important! Is the frickin' meadow on fire?" -- Charlie the Unicorn

I never watch football, so this day is like every other.
    I have stuff on my DVR, I have books, exercise, cooking and playing withy my kitties to keep me busy.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

We're going to do our taxes. Fun, huh? But we're due a refund so I'm excited!

Still, I use Super Bowl Sunday as an excuse to make and eat some guacamole...

Car show and lunch in Philly early in the day. Home to make recipes from the "Tried and True taco dip recipe" thread and watch the Super Bowl. We do it all baby!
    "If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

DH is a huge football fan. HUGE. I watch the Superbowl if we are hosting a party or if someone else is hosting a kid friendly party. Otherwise he goes off with the guys to watch it and I do something with the kids.

This year I was thinking of taking the kids to San Francisco on BART and hanging out. Should be a nice quiet day there.

I was going to sew, but someone gave me tickets to a play that they can no longer use.
    Grab the guns. I'll make pancakes. ~Sarah Conner

We're not real fans of football, but we were invited to my sister's house to watch. I only go for the food!!

But, I will root for Seattle.....a "left coast" thing ya know!
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

We are trying to go whale watching. If for some reason we can't get tickets for that, it'll be just like any other Sunday. Which means I do a little cooking for the week, I read a little, watch a movie, and take a nap.

On Sunday I will have a rest, nothing special: sleeping, reading, etc
    Chat with me on person.com

I will be knitting socks, looking up when a commercial comes on, and eating every once in a while.
    Margaret

I'm not a fan, but we will be attending a Super Bowl party.

I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to eat snack food and drink beer.

I was invited to a party, but I don't feel like going. My roomie needs the kitchen that day to make a feast (leftovers for me, yum!) for a super bowl party, so I'm going to go to the swap meet with my sister. We haven't had time to get together since the 1st of the year and neither of us has been to the swap meet in a long time.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Okay, guys, no matter where you will be going, no place will be quieter than Pittsburgh on Sunday! A local tv station will be starting pre-game broadcasts at 6AM!!! I'm going out. Shopping, groceries, etc. I wish that I knew someone around here who will not be watching the Big Game so we could do something fun... but everyone is either watching the game or going to a party!
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

Watching the commercials.
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I plan on going to Disneyland. I figure it should be pretty empty.
    Lori

I'll be training horses, same as every weekend. Superbowl? What superbowl?
    Blogging about Barb horses at The Barb Wire and about the simple pleasures of less urban living at Nightlife. Saddle up and come along for the ride!

If I can find something to keep DD busy, I might be able to sneak in a nap! That would be absolutely lovely......
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

I don't watch the Superbowl but I have five new recipes from CL and this bb to try out on unsuspecting football fans.
    "It is no small thing that someone so fresh from God loves us."

Charles Dickens