Community Message Boards

Thread: Dessert in Muffin Tin question

Dessert in Muffin Tin question

I want to make mini cheesecakes and key lime pies for my rehearsal party in muffin tins using regular recipes for these. Do I have to cut the bake times? Please help!!! TIA, erin

I had this problem at Xmastime with B/As Green Tea Cheesecake and reducing into mini-muffin size.

I heated oven to 375. Filled cups almost to the top (at minimum 2/3+ full). Baked for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet (no water baths). Cooled 1 hour at rm temp. Refrigerated, uncovered, 4 hrs or overnight.

P.S. I did use mini-muffin paper liners in the mini-muffin tin. If you have a crumb crust bottom, put approx. 1 tspn. crumbs into bottom b/4 cheesecake filling and tamp down with the bottom of a shot glass.

Hopefully, Dorothyntoto will see your request. She's a mini-cheesecake/pie
    expert!
    Life ain't Certain. Ride Your Best Horse First

Here's an easy recipe. You can use this method with any of your favorite cheesecake recipes. Just be careful not to overfill. Pampered Chef makes a great tool for tamping down the crust.

Mini Cheesecakes

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1/2 stick margarine (melted)
    8 oz package (reg. or light) cream cheese, softened
    1 egg
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla

1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Put 1 teaspoon in each mini-muffin paper cup and press down.
    2. Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth - fill cups almost to top.
    3. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.
    4. Put cherry or blueberry pie filling on top, if desired.

Yield: 26-30
    Dorothy aka Martha

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Here's another, similar, recipe for individual cheesecakes - I've made these many time with great success.

Individual Cheesecakes (20)

20 muffin papers
    2 eggs
    20 vanilla wafers
    1 Tbs lemon juice
    16 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 tsp vanilla
    C sugar
    1-1/2 C sour cream mixed with C sugar

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 3/4 C sugar & beat well. Add eggs, lemon juice & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Put muffin papers in muffin pan; put 1 wafer in each paper (this is your crust). Fill each paper full with cream cheese mixture. Bake 20 minutes at 375. Top with sour cream mixture & bake 5 more minutes. Cool. May be frozen. Can also top cooled cakes with canned cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling, if you like.

For the mini key lime pies...would I bake them for the same amount of time? The recipe I have says to bake at 350 for 15 minutes for regular pies, would I have to reduce baking time since I will be baking them in a muffin tin?

For the mini key lime pies...would I bake them for the same amount of time? The recipe I have says to bake at 350 for 15 minutes for regular pies, would I have to reduce baking time since I will be baking them in a muffin tin?

Baking times

I would say if you're baking them in mini-tins, bake 10 minutes, or 20 minutes for regular size muffin pans.
    Dorothy aka Martha

Somewhere over the rainbow...