Community Message Boards

Thread: How long can I keep broken eggs?

How long can I keep broken eggs?

One of my "helpers" dropped the grocery bag with two dozen eggs in it just now. :mad:

It seems that only 4 had cracked. I finished cracking them and now have four eggs in a bowl in the fridge. Will they keep until tomorrow AM?

I'd use them.

I'm guessing by the scowl that you had warned said helped two dozen times to be careful. I know my mom used to do that. It worked...eventually.
    If loving me is wrong, you don't want to be right.

Don't touch the hair!
    JB

I've kept opened eggs for at least a day or two! Go ahead and use them in the morning!
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

Just four will be fine till tomorrow but if you ever break lots of them you can break them into a bowl, whip just until mixed, pour in ice cube trays and freeze then place in a zip-loc bag. One cube = 1 egg, they are great for baking.

Thank you for your replies. The frozen eggs in ice cube trays is very ingenious!

Said "helpers" are now whipping up "invisible ink" involving a blender and a very old onion. School cannot start soon enough!